04. BEFRIENDING?

MON'S POV :-

"Have we met before?"

Silence hung between us. I'm stuck and confused. Should I tell her or not that we've known each other for a long time? Khun Sam may remember my mother, but not me, a fourth grade girl.

Like?...

Tiger, you need to help me! Please help me again. Should I tell her or not?

should i tell...

or

i shouldn't...

While I'm still deciding to if i should tell her about Tiger to remember the past, she says something before answering.

"Forget it. It's not that important."

The pitch of her nasal voice is loud, but I remain silent. It isn't really important?

Why did she ask for my history and call me then?

"I didn't like the way you got to me."

"Pardon?"

"I don't know why you have to be nice to me. I feel uncomfortable." She crosses her arms and looks at me seriously. "You bought me medicine, took me home, that doesn't mean we're close. Please understand this."

"Clear."

"Don't tell anyone about my migraine. That is all."

I am so sad and disappointed. It seems I did something that wasn't enough. But as I turn to leave the room...

"Hold on."

"Last night, I told you to let me know when you got home. Why didn't you call me?"

"I didn't dare to call you."

I answered truthfully. She looks at me blankly.

"Because?"

"I'm afraid you're going to blame me for trying to be your friend."

"Now can I leave, Boss?

I left her office and now i am grumpy. Work that was always full of joy has been replaced by sadness. Today, I don't even dare to look at the freezing room anymore. When the end of the day comes, I hurried to leave and I don't care if anyone in that room is sick or not.

And there, i got another surprise today.

"Hey!"

Nop.

Nop is waiting for me in front of the office. He nods to greet me. I look at my childhood friend in amazement. His smile lighten up my gray day.

"What is wrong with you mon? Why are you so sad?"

"I'm just bored." i lied

"Did something happend at work?"

"Maybe yes." I look at the smiling young man in front of me and asked a question. "Why are you here Nop? Did you leave work early?"

"I had to meet some clients around here. So my boss released me after I finished. Since it's close to your office, I decided to visit you. And it is thr first time I have seen this building. It's huge and beautiful."

"There are so many offices for rent in there. My office is not the whole building."

"It's still luxurious."

"Yes definitely. The most luxurious thing is my office, not me. I need to take the bus and pay rent from home as usual."

"But today will not be the same. Because you'll have a friend riding the bus home with you. Me, anyway!"