40. MY DEAR

MON'S POV:-

My resignation happened so fast, everything I planned went down the drain. But it was good Mr. Kirk forced me to resign. All I can do now is look for a new job. By the way, my new job came very quickly.

You can work with me as my secretary, a salary in excess of twenty thousand with no interviews required.” Tee is trying to be cool. “I will support you. I don't care about rumours.”
Khun Sam looks at her friend.
“Why so easy? Any hidden intentions?”
“Why do you need to complicate things? Just let her work here.”
“Are you going to flirt with Mon?”
“If I wanted to flirt with Mon, I would have done it the first time I met her.” Tee looks at Khun Sam defiantly. “If you're that scared, I'll flirt with her from now on.”
“I won't let you work with her.” Khun Sam crosses his arms as she leans against the wall.

“I won't let you work anywhere. Stay at home and be my maid.”
“Nooooo, what a spender! My God." Kate said. Then she smiles and shrugs. “Please curb your jealousy. Mon has her own life to live. If she gets hit on and doesn't pay attention, there's nothing to worry about.”
“I don't like the way other people look at her. I feel weird. It looks like her body is being scanned.”
"There. Who will scan it?” Jim said irritably because of pregnancy hormones.
“Awww. Nobody? When I first saw Mon, I did it myself.”

"Psycho!" Tee crosses her arms over her chest. “When you look at us, your friends, do you imagine our bodies?”
While Kate and Tee are nervous, only Jim talks to Khun Sam.
“If your scan is good, please tell me if I'm having a boy or a girl. I want to give birth soon, I want to drink liquor, but I can't.”
“I can't believe you came from a high society family.” Khun Sam said. “You look like you came from the favela.”
“Am I being scolded by PP? Sorry babe, I don't feel a thing." Jim answers.
“Let Mon work with Tee, she needs to have her own life and she has to take care of her parents. And as for you, you has your own life too, you have your grandmother. We all have our own burden. Stop being spoiled.”

“That's right, Khun Sam. I want to have my own job. It will be nice to work with Tee, she will help you report on me. Standing close to her like that, no one will dare to approach me.”
“Yeah, or Tee will tell everyone Mon is her girl. No one will dare to do anything. Starting here as a secretary, with a salary of twenty thousand… Much better than in your office.” Jim said as she picked snot out of his nose.
“Come on, Khun Sam. Do not worry about me. I will be working here with Tee and her office is closer to my house than your office.”
Then she suddenly glares at me and refuses.
“I will not allow it!”
"What the hell?"
“Close to your house means… you won't spend your nights with me anymore.”
“Ah…” Stunned by this, I prepare to respond, but she cuts me off and continues to shake her head.
“I won't allow it. You should be my stay at home wife. I will pay you salary.”
“Khun Sa…”
“Let's not talk about it anymore. Don't tell Aunt Pom you quit, if she finds out she won't let you stay with me.”
Her friends look at each other and sigh. They should let me handle this myself with Khun Sam. What should I do? Khun Sam is scared that I won't be staying with her anymore since I'm going to work with Tee.

Time is ticking, we still haven't reached an agreement. I don't want to stop working and be a housewife. But I don't want to fight her, I need to find a way. I'm very stressed.
I didn't work for five days and I was shifting between my house and Khun Sam's house. But I stayed at her house more. And she left work early every day to spend more time with me.
"It's good to be home with you."
She said as we watched television together. She bought me lots of snacks. I think she has plans for tonight, judging by the drinks she brought.
Even though I'm weak to liquor, she buys more.
“But I'm bored of watching television. I have nothing to do."
“So can you hang out at the department store, or are you broke?” Khun Sam hurries to get her wallet and hands me a thousand bill without thinking. “Take and buy what you want.”
"..."
"What's it?"
“I am not okay with this.” i said just as i was thinking. And I look at Khun Sam, who is confused. “How can I accept your money?”
"Why not? You're my girlfriend."
"Others will say I'm with you because of your money."
“But I am really rich.”
"..."
“Mon You seem upset with me.”
"Yea. I don't like what you're doing, throwing me your money.” I get up and walk away without saying anything else. Khun Sam follows me confused. She grabs my wrist to stop me.
“That's not what I meant. You are bored, so I gave you money for shopping.”