36. BATH

MON'S POV:-

There is no secret that can be kept in this world for very long. Yah, who has a secret affair with Chin, was caught in the act by Khun Sam. I, who hide my relationship with Khun Sam, got caught… by Yah.

"Since how long?"

Yah, who is having dinner with me the next day, continues to be curious and ask me questions. I don't dare tell Khun Sam that Yah heard everything, because I'm afraid Yah will be fired.

But… come to think of it. Would she do it? I don't know.

"It's been a while. I am thinking of resigning too.”

“Why would you have to resign? I won't tell anyone.”

Yah seems more comfortable seeing me in the same situation as her and seems willing to keep my biggest secret. I shake my head in disapproval.

“It's not about whether you say it or not. But I don't want Khun Sam to lose her authority in the office.”

“You worry too much. But yk we were wrong. We all thought you were having an affair with Mr. Kirk, in reality it was Khun Sam.”

“I'm not an adulteress…” I hesitate with the question, but Yah doesn't care and shrugs.

"Forget it. Love is uncontrollable, I myself fell in love with a guy who has a wife.”

“Do you see the problem with this relationship? It's not correct. If his wife knows…”

“She won't know. Chin and I are going to break up before his wife knows. But in the meantime, we'll be happy with what we have. You won't tell anyone. Me neither."

"Clear."

However, I don't feel one hundred percent relieved. While Khun Sam and I are shopping at the supermarket, I keep thinking about quitting my job. What kind of work will I do? I thought about it so much that I forgot what I was doing. And Khun Sam catches me spacing out:

“Why are you so distracted?”

“Y… yes.”

“Are you with me, who are you thinking about?”

"I'm thinking about work."

“Are you still thinking about it?” Khun Sam frowns. “You don't have to resign. If you get caught, then resign later.”

I've already been caught!

“You will lose your authority. You enforced the rule and followed it strictly for a long time, why would you destroy it because of a rookie like me?”

“I said I will change the rule, so yes!”

I look at her fondly. She knows how to make me smile and uses this trick often.

“You can smile now.”

She hugs me as she pushes the shopping cart. I look around, afraid someone who knows us will accidentally see us.

“It's not good for us to be glued together like that in public. Someone who knows us can see us.”

"And?" She starts to get upset because she was rejected. “I want to have a public moment. At least hold your hand, but you keep walking away.”

“You know how society is. Do not do this."

"..."

“Honey, you're mad at me again.”

“It's not about work. Now I'm mad at you." She yells at me, but I know she's pretending to be mad at me, because she's trying to hold in her laughter and she can't. "Do not look at me like that. I'm mad. Very angry."