43. ADULTERESS

MON'S POV:-

After hearing the whole story through Kate, I tell myself to stop being silly and be more understanding. Huge pressure is on Khun Sam. She has to deal with her grandmother, plus she cares about how I feel.

When she sees me mopping the floor, she runs to hug me from behind like a child.

“Khun Sam.”

“You came back to me, to my home.” she said softly burying her her face on the back of my neck

“Are you surprised?” I look at her and smile. “You are so happy it makes me feel ashamed.”

“I think you are still sulking.”

"Because?"

“You seem hurt about my grandmother. I also think you're mad at me.”

“Did you think about it all night? You have panda eyes.” I place a pillow on the sofa and support her face. "You don't look pretty when you sleep poorly yk."

But Khun Sam pulls me close and hugs me like I'm her shelter. She feels better having me here… I feel guilty now…

“I can sleep well tonight with you back in my arms.”

“Have you eaten anything yet?”

"No not yet."

“I'll cook for you. After eating, take a shower, okay?”

"Aren't we going to do anything tonight?"

I'm shocked for a moment.

“Okay, let's go. And ah, I will not run away from you, Khun Sam.”

The woman continues to hug me and rests her head close to my neck to rest. We held each other for a moment. So I get up to go cook for her. Seeing Khun Sam eating well is one of my happiness.

Why wasn't I born a man...

Or like a rich girl? Or why don't I have a title before my name? So I would deserve it.

"If you keep looking at me like that, I'm going to choke."

“I am just happy to see you enjoying the food.”

"And for me i feel like that when I'm watching you moan."

“Crazy!” I grab a napkin and throw it at her.

"What's it? You said you like it when I speak my mind.” Khun Sam drinks some water. She stares at me and is silent, as if she's thinking about something. I stare back at her.

“What do you want to tell me?”

“Do you want to break up with me?”

My heart races when I hear that. I squeeze my hands tightly and fearfully until she takes my hand to calm me down.

"I'm just asking."

“Would you break up with me?”

“No, never.” Khun Sam said quickly. “I'm asking you because i want to know, when you met my grandmother… Did it ever cross your mind to break up with me?”

“For a moment yes…”

She holds my hand tightly. I put the other one on top to calm her down.

“Just for a brief moment I thought we should break up. Since I always thought I didn't deserve you. But… I thought to myself, breaking up with you would be the worst.”

“I'm looking for a way to talk to my grandmother. I don't want to compromise her.”

“Don't pressure yourself. Do as you see fit. Let it happen."