25. DIFFERENCES

MON'S POV:-

"Finally, the year's weirdest couple has reconciled."
Kate said, before applauding happily, because she made our dream possible. I looked away in shame. I don't know what to do... It's weird.
We are two women in a relationship. Her friends act like nothing happened. I don't know if I should be happy or not.

"You two are in a relationship now right?" Tee is smirking at me. "If you want some tips, just ask."

"Do you really need to teach her about love?" Khun Sam asks Tee. Tee laughs.

"See? You are jealous. I don't intend to teach, just in case... if you get in trouble... I'm a professional."

I don't understand that 'something' because I've never had a girlfriend before. Khun Sam is my first and I don't know what to do next.

"Anyway, we're a couple now. How would it be different from before?" I interrupt the conversation. Everyone is silent, including Khun Sam.

"I know, it's not easy." Jim slaps herself on the forehead like she's tired of me. Kate sighs because she got it right.

"But I don't think it's going to be that hard."

"Is easy." Khun Sam said it like she was a pro. "It must just be a little different."

Tee looks proudly at Khun Sam and places a hand gently on her shoulder.

"At least you are smart now."

"So how different?" I look at Khun Sam with interest. She answers me confidently as she winks at me.

"You can borrow my money."

"..." money?

"Normally I don't lend money to anyone, because I'm afraid of spoiling the friendship. If you borrow it, I won't be worried because you're not my friend."

Tee puts her head down on the table and wails.

"Someone kill me, please."

I freeze because I'm too embarrassed to say something, I shyly look at Khun Sam.

"Want to say something? Stretch your spine and be confident."

Khun Sam straightens my spine and when she does I feel a short circuit.

"Y... Yes."

"Hmm?"

"W-what?"

"What do you want to tell me?"

"Ah!..." I wipe my sweat. They are all looking at me interestedly, waiting for what I have to say. "I have a question."

"Which question?"

"If you don't hate me. Why were you trying to force me to resign?"
Now she avoids my eyes. Her friends are laughing as if they already know the answer.

"... Tell her, PP... Why were you trying to get her to quit?"

"Stay silent."

"We're quiet now, tell her."

She coughs and says with her face all flushed.
"By company rules. If an employee has a romantic relationship in the workplace, he/she should be fired."

"..." oh

"So I was trying to push because I will..." Khun Sam takes a short breath. "I will... be in a relationship with you."

Now I'm so embarrassed, my face gets hot and my mouth is trembling. Oh, I need ice cold water.

"You were planning to be my girlfriend. But didn't want to ask me out first?"