21. THE CAUSE

MON'S POV:-

We are looking each other in the eyes. Her brown eyes are mesmerizing me and my heart is leaping out of my chest.

"Seriously? Whatever I want?"

"Um, yes Mon if you like."

"In that case..." And I'm silent for a long moment, then say something back. "I want to hear you bark."

"Huh?"

"Be a dog."

We were silent. She raises her eyebrows in confusion.

"Why a dog?"

"Dogs have unconditional love for their owners."

"See? You were the one who said that you would be what I wanted."

I tell her sensitively. Khun Sam sighs and shakes her head.

"All you want is unconditional love like a dog's?"

Despite the fact that I asked it myself, I am still ashamed of this strange desire and I don't even have time to prepare an explanation, she suddenly asks me:

"Then I will bark like a dog. What kind of dog you want me to be?"

"Hey? Are the barks different?"

"A Thai dog will bark 'honghong' but a foreign dog barks 'bowbow'. She coughs and then says, "Listen carefully bowwwwww."

"A dog like the Tiger,"

"I didn't see him grow up, just when he was a puppy. I heard him bark with a little voice like 'Awwww'... like that."

We changed the subject to barking dogs and I forgot about all the bad stuff. Now we are discussing the nature of Thai dogs compared to foreign dogs.

"I will be a dog. I will love you...unconditionally." She cracks her neck and looks at me thoughtfully... "Um, what can dogs do?"

"Play."

"Can i try."

"Khun Cham."

"Hmm."

"I called the dog. See? Khun Cham."

The pretty face looks at me dissatisfied.

"Who uses 'Khun' with a dog? Do you know the language level? Please don't tell anyone that you graduated from the same university as mine. What a shame."

She is so mean sometimes. I was just teasing.
I'm sitting sloppily and sitting there while Khun Sam has her arms crossed.

"ChamCham."

"Hm?"

"Call me 'ChamCham' and I'll be your dog. And I will love you unconditionally... Will try."

"ChamCham."

"You have to touch my body too, when you play with a dog you need to touch gently."

I do what she asks. I touch her body gently. When she sees what I've done, she leans over to me and licks my lips, as if she's been waiting for this moment for a long time.

"What is this?"

"When you play with a dog, he licks you."

"I see... I can see it's easy for you to be a dog for me."

"Your lips are inviting me."

"I want to do more... I've been missing those lips for a long time."

"Since Kate and her other friends found out, we haven't played anymore."