17. A LITTLE FINGER HEART

MON'S POV:-

Silence hangs between us. Kate looks at me and Khun Sam repeatedly, then she moves her lips.

"You two were kissing."

"No. Not really, it was just a bite." Khun Sam hurries to respond. But it looks like she didn't hear. "Take it easy."

"Do you know why they named me Kate?"

"Why?"

"I don't know. But! I won't be able to keep this, I need to tell everyone. Everyone should know and I'm going to spread this to the four winds, because if I know, everyone will know. Heavens!"

"K...Kate..."

I try to reach her, but it's too late. She has already disappeared. Khun Sam looks at me and sighs.
"There are no secrets in the world."

"What should we do?"

"We can't do anything, so let it go. But why is her name Kate?"

Is it time to question her name?
Now we're surrounded by her friends and they're looking at us like they're trying to find the truth about what happened. All I can do is stare at my hands, but Khun Sam is so strong, she's acting like nothing happened.
"Why are you so serious? We were joking and I already told you everything."

"Friends don't play like that. Did we used to play like this, PP?" Jim said. "Was it a joke, Mon?"
"It was. I thought no one would understand us and it's hard to explain. It's just cute aggression where I bite her nose and she bites my lips."
"Heavens! What an innocent little couple!... This is not a joke. That is..."
"Jim, you are so petty." Kate tries to stop her. She looks understandably at us. "Intimate girls can play like that."
"How can you understand this situation? If I was close to someone and we bit each other like that, I would have like twelve kids by now."
"You are so old-fashioned! We are humans in new times. Them biting each other is no big deal, is it, Tee?"
Tee, who is now confused, agrees with Kate.
"It can be true."
"Hey, my pretty girl, did you agree? Huh?"
"It is normal in western society. They always kiss when greeting each other." Kate said while looking at Khun Sam. "I understand, Sam."
"You sure are my modern friend." Khun Sam says slowly.

"Anyway, what did you get her for her birthday?... Lipstick?" Kate takes it from the table, opens it and spins it. "It smells like strawberries. Why did you choose this flavor?"
"Is tasty."
"So, did you put it on Mon's lips?"
"Yup."
"If you want to eat it, why don't you eat it instead of putting it on her lips?"
"It's about feelings."
"OK I understand."
Now Khun Sam is looking at her friends as if they are talking through their eyes. Kate smiles at Tee.
"Smell. It smells good, as good as the gift you bought."

Tee takes the lipstick from Kate's hand and smells it. Khum Sam looks at her.
"Do not pass! I don't want to share it with you."
"Then you better put it on Mon's lips." Tee said. She turns to me. "Come come."
This beautiful woman's slender hand is cupping my face, and with her other hand, she gently brushes lipstick across my lips. I can only be there and stand still. Khun Sam looks at me in silence.
why me...
"What a beautiful color. It changes color. How does this cheap thing do it? I usually buy my girlfriend one of these which cost a lot more than a thousand baht." Tee looks at me in awe. "Your mouth is shaped like a heart. Has anyone ever told you that your lips are beautiful?"
"I've already been told."
"So wonderful. It makes you want to kiss."
"What are you waiting for? Kiss her."
Kate said while pushing Tee's head, but Khun Sam is faster and pushes Tee away.
"Hey Hey. It's my me."
Kate and Khun Sam are glaring at each other. I, in the middle of the two, remain standing still.
"You are too old to play like that."
Jim looks annoyed at Kate and Khun Sam "I'm just kidding like her. A friend can play with the other like that." While Kate keeps pushing Tee's head, Khun Sam keeps pushing away as if she's not going to lose this fight.
"When did you guys get this close to Mon? You just met a few times... they shouldn't consider themselves friends."