15. WAR

MON'S POV:-

So it's a war huh...
Only the winner will be declared the cutest.
After leaving Khun Sam's room, we were sending stickers to each other like crazy, as if whoever sent the most stickers was considered the cutest. We continue sending stickers until the end of the day. Now it's just Khun Sam and I working late, because we were so busy before.
We are finally alone in the office.

Doraemon: It's almost 8pm. We must battle again another time.

So I get ready to go home and she immediately storms out of the room coughing to get my attention.
"Ahem! Ahem!"

As we're looking into each other's eyes, I have a flashback to when she bit my lip. I'm still embarrassed, so I look away to hide it.

"Are you going home?"

"Yea. What about you?"

"Also."

"But it's too late. What time do you get home?"

I look at the watch on my wrist.
"Around 10 pm. It depends on the traffic."

"Why do you work so far away from home?"

"I wonder why?"

My God. I shouldn't have asked that because we're still stunned. I'm so shy right now.

"If you are going to continue working here, why not move to this place? It will be safer when you have to leave work at late hours."

"In a expensive place like this, I don't think I can afford it."

"At least it will save you money on transportation."

"Bus tickets are cheap Khun Sam."

"But It's dangerous."

"The poor human here has no choice. I'm not like you, who can buy anything you want." i told her

"Then, I will take you home."

"My home is too far away. I'm afraid you'll get migraine on the way back while driving."

We looked at each other for a moment and embarrassed, looked away. Why am I feeling weird just by talking?
It must be because of what happened earlier.
"We'd better go home now. If we keep talking it will get later and more dangerous."

"Hmm."

We walked to the elevator. Along the way, her scent hits me the entire time. We were silent inside the elevator. Although we talked a lot before, now it's very quiet.

"Mon."

"Khun Sam."
Just because I wanted to break the silence, I called out to her and she immediately calls me back.

"What?"

"You can speak first."

She looks thoughtful and says:
"It's too late. I think you should..."

"Should what?"

"You should do something to stay safe."

"But I'm not going anywhere dangerous." I stay quiet and i don't understand what she means. She makes a disapproving noise.

"Yes, you should find a safe place and not go home."

"If I don't come home, where will I stay?" I'm laughing as she remains silent.

"Do you know why I bought that house which i live in?"

"Because it's close to your office."

"Yea but my house has a guardhouse. A security guard makes several rounds during the night."