06. INSIDE

MON'S POV :-

At last unexpectedly I am here sitting in a expensive car with Mr. Kirk, the owner of the company, and Khun Sam who is also in the car. On the way, I sit frantically. I'm actually more comfortable taking a bus home than I am in this luxury car.

"You're home is so far away. How do you come to work? What time do you wake up Mon?"

Mr. Kirk asked me after using Google Maps to estimate the route. Khun Sam is looking questioningly in the rearview mirror waiting for my response, but she chooses to stay quiet.

"I have to wake up at 4 am to shower and change. So I leave the house at five, and I get to work at seven. Then I have breakfast in cafeteria."

"My God. How hard. It looks like a survival game. It's so far away, why don't you look for a job closer to your home?"

Because close to my house, there is no Khun Sam. Anyway, I've changed my mind now.

"I am thinking about it Sir."

The silence is deafening between us. Khun Sam looks at me and says something.

"If you're thinking to do so then why did you apply for the company? It made other people miss the opportunity to work here."

She said it coldly and sarcastically.

"Sorry."

"Why are you apologizing Mon?" Mr. kirk asked

"Looks like I made you nervous again." She says this in a shaky voice and I look back at my hands in my lap.

"I wasn't angry."

But your voice doesn't lie Khun Sam. Mr. Kirk saw the situation escalate, so he coughed to interrupt us.

"Sam wasn't mad at you. If she was mad, she wouldn't be in the car with me to drive you home. Normally, she would go back to her house right away."

Khun Sam glares at her boyfriend. Mr. Kirk is trying to improve the situation, but it is not helping.

About an hour and a half later we are going down the road, the car pulls up in front of my house. Khun Sam and Mr. Kirk look at my fence and ask:

"In a capital city like Bangkok, how can there be a cute wooden house like the ones in the series?"

"It's quite old, not cute."

"Scary!" She looked at my house and said quietly.

"In the middle of the night there will be some noise as if someone is walking, and there will be something crawling from the basement under the wooden bed..."

"Sam, this is Mon's house." Mr. Kirk interrupts as she imagines things. "And Mon lives here. You said the house is scary. How will she feel?"

"Is there a hole under your bed, bunny? Watch out if something crawls out..."

"No, there is no hole under my bed Khun Sam."

"Good, because it's scary. If you are ever in bed and happen to fall, there will be a long hand in the hole waiting to pull you out."

"Sam, Mon's house isn't haunted."

I look at her for a moment and think how cute she is. But I pretend to be disappointed when I remember what she just said in the car.

"So, I better get into my house now. Thank you both so much for bringing me here."

I get out of the car. Nop, who was waiting in front of my house, is now calling my name in surprise because I just got out of a luxurious car.