Chapter 37

A/N: I think this is chapter 37...

Hermione's POV

As I ran into the common room, I threw myself into the nearest chair with a groan and continued weeping. I felt instantly guilty for storming out; Ginny probably felt awful and most likely thought that I was mad at her. I buried my head in my arms as I let out a frustrated screech. I felt as though I'd taken it out on my best friend for no reason, although I knew I hadn't and that I shouldn't feel bad about it.

"Hermione?" GInny sounded afraid to approach me, as if she were scared that I was going to lash out at her or something, "I'm sorry about that earlier. I shouldn't hae done it. I mean, you were only scared..."

"It's fine," I tried and failed to smile, "it doesn't really matter. In fact, could you do it again later, so I can actually get some sleep?" I joked, dryly. However, I meant it, and we both knew that.

"She's really got to you, hasn't she?"

"It's not just her," I admitted, "I just feel... betrayed... that Harry actually thinks I did it. He's been one of my best friend for who knows how long, and he's prepared to just throw it all away because of some lie Cho's feeding him. It just hurts."

"I know..." Ginny suddenly looked up, as if rememering somsthing important. "I spoke to him earlier, actually, and.. well.... he still thinks you did it but he's going to stop ignoring you because you're one of his best friends, and he's finally realized that you need his support."

"Thank you..."

Ron's POV

The silence that rang through our dormitory was awkward, and the tension was thick. I was still mad, although Harry was going to start talking to Hermione again, but I was angry because he actually thought she'd done it in the first place.

Neville was caught in the middle, asking why we weren't talking. Niether of us answered.

The first person to speak out of the pair of us was Harry.

"You now, just because I'm forgiving her doesn't mean I don't still think it was her," he spat.

"You shouldn't be forgiving her for anything," I growled, oddly calm, "because she has nothing to apologize for."

"Who are we talking about?" Neville interrupted, and I suddenly noticed that he had no idea about what was going on. "Is this about Hermione? Because I've heard the rumors about Cho."

"What, that she killed her? Yeah, that's what this is about." Harry explained.

I launched myself forward, but before I could do anything, Neville restrained me.

"Stop it! You two are supposed to be best friends, and, to be honest, Hermione's supposed to be your friend too, Harry."

"I'm not saying she isn't. I'm just saying that I saw her kill Cho."

"That's where you're wrong!" my voice rose in anger, "You didn't see Hermione kill her, you saw her standing over Cho! It doesn't mean she'd kill her. Please, leave her alone and stop blaming her, because she doesn't deserve it. We'd both be dead without her, surely, what with the Horcrux hunt. Well, I certainly would be."

Harry winced as I mentioned that, and I knew I'd touched a nerve. We never talked about that year, as it was particually hard for all of us.

Mubmbling about fresh air, I walked out, trying to slam the door as hard as I could.

Ginny's POV

Hermione and I looked up in shock as Ron stalked past us, barely noticing us, and walked out of the common room. I moaned in frustration; he'd gone and fought with Harry again, hadn't he?

I do wish they'd stop. All they ever do nowadays is fight.

"How bad do you think it was?" concern filled Hermione's voice as she stared after him. "I hope they haven't literally fought... and that neither of them are hurt."

"I'm sure it wasn't that bad," I tried to lie, although I could see that she didn't believe me.

"Where do you think he's gone? He shouldn't have left, not this late."

I smiled, slightly amused that she was so worried about other people at a time like this, when really, she should've been worried about herself.

"He..." she began, "he told me that he was going to take the blame. For this. He's going to tell everyone that it was him..." she was practically whispering, she was struggling to speak so much.

I realized that I would have to talk to Harry again, so he could realize how serious the situation had become.

A Harry Potter Fan Fiction; Hogwarts UniversityOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara