Chapter 35

A/N: Sorry I haven't uploaded in so long (I know,it's been months) but in my defence I had family stuff going on and school -_-.

Hi Shannon, Jo, Izzy, Maria and Aimee (if you're reading this). Did I forget anyone? Maybe hi Emily? 

Cho's POV

Tick, tock.

Time was running out.

Tick, tock.

Not much longer.

Tick, tock.

I realized it was a stupid idea to send that letter straight after I'd done it.

Tick, tock.

My stupid sister's going to run off and tell everyone now.

Tick, tock.

Only a matter of time before everyone knows and my secret's out.

Tick, tock.

Everyone will know the truth.

Tick, tock.

And there'll only be myself to blame.

Tick, tock.

What's going to happen to me?

Tick, tock.

Tick, tock.

Tick, tock...

Ginny's POV

"Harry..." it felt like the millionth time I'd tried to talk to him.

"Look, Ginny, if you're going to tell me that Hermione didn't do it, then don't. I'm not interested," he almost snapped. 

"I'm just saying that she woukdn't. I'm not saying she didn't..."

Yes I am.

"I know she wouldn't, but right now there isn't any other explanation, is there?"

"I told you, she could've killed herself!"

"What reason would she have?"

"Maybe because we're engaged? And her sister hates her?" I pointed out. "Look, I'm not asking  you to forgive her. I'm just asking you to talk to her. Right now, she only has me and Ron. She needs to know that you're there for her too."

For a while, his eyes were distant, and I could tell that he was thinking about it. 

"Fine. I'll talk to her. But that doesn't mean I don't think it was her. She is one of my best friends, after all..."

At least he was calling her his "best friend". That had to be an improvement...

Right?

Hermione's POV

"If you're that upset about it, I'll tell everyone it was me," Ron said after a long silence.

"No," I refused, "you didn't do anything."

"Niether did you," he reasoned.

I wanted to say something back, but I was far too tired to argue. I'd barely slept since we last fought, and last night I didn't even sleep for a minuite. I've been to worried, and visions of what could happen haunt me whenever my eyes are closed. If I ever do get to sleep, I wake up an hour later worried about something.

And I was just sick of it. Sick of living in worry, of having to watch what I did or said, just so I wouldn't upset Cho and she wouldn't do anything to me or anyone else.

I was scared to say anything. Whatever I said could make the situation worse. I even kind of regret telling Ron and Ginny the truth. What if Cho found out that they knew? What would she do then?

I shouldn't have to live in this constant worry.

And yet I do.