Chapter 27

A/N; Sorry for the slow upload! I have a lot of homework and I have a lot of revising to do. Hi to Shannon, Jo, Izzy, Maria and everyone I know that's reading this! BEWARE! Possible spoilers ahead.

Hermione

It was a few days after we had discovered that Cho was back. I still quivered with fear whenever I thought about it, and my pulse still raced at what felt like a million miles per hour. I was sat in the library, using the quite and peaceful atmosphere to get the thoughts circling my head to go.

So far, it wasn't working.

I kept having sudden images of terrible things, and all I wanted was something to distract me.

A distraction arrived.

"Can I tell you something?" Harry asked. He made me jump; I had not been expecting anyone else to be here.

"Yes. What is it?" I replied.

"I want to ask Ginny to marry me." 

That was distraction enough!

"How sweet!"

"But I don't know how."

"Why are you asking me?"

"Because you're a girl. You know what girls like."

I rolled my eyes.

"Look." I advised him, "There's a trip to Hogsmeade tomorrow. Take her to the Three Broomsticks, buy her a butterbeer and then ask her."

"Thanks." he left the Library. That was my distraction gone.

Soon after, I followed.

Ron

I was beginning to worry about Hermione. I hadn't seen her all morning, and I knew she never slept this late. Maybe I wouldn't have been so worried if it weren't for Chang being at Hogwarts. What if she'd got at Hermione?

I was just about to give up looking for her when she walked in the room.

"Thank goodness." I sighed with relief, pulling her into a hug. "I was so worried. I thought Chang had... had..."

"Don't worry. I'm here now." She said.

Her voice sounded different, as if she knew something I didn't.

"Is there something your not telling me?"

"No, of course not."

"You haven't had that dream again, have you?"

"Ron! I'm not hiding anything!"

"Sorry for showing an interest! I JUST ASKED YOU A SIMPLE QUESTION!"

Hermione

I winced as Ron yelled at me. I wasn't sure what I'd done, though I felt really guilty.

"YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY LYING TO ME. I KNOW YOU. YOU ARE HIDING SOMETHING!"

I couldn't bare to hear Ron shout at me anymore, so I ran out of the room, trying not to cry.

The second I was out, I slammed the door shut and began to take shaky breaths. I was used to us arguing, but I still felt bad every time. I managed not to cry.

Ginny

"Ginny? You know there's a trip to Hogsmeade tommorow? Would you come to the Three Broomsticks with me? Just the two of us?" Harry surprised me by asking.

"Of course, Harry." I replied, feeling shocked.

It had been a while since it had just been the two of us; I was on my own for some of today, and the other times Ron and Hermione had beem with us. Or Luna or Lili. Harry had seemed quite nervous the past few hours; I guess that was the reason.