Chapter 30

..A/N; Thank you so much to Shannon for helping me with this chapter! And if you like Cho Chang then I am sorry for the way I've made her evil.

Hermione

"I hate my life. I want it to end. I want to kill myself." Cho whined. "Oh no, wait, that would be painful." she added as an afterthought. "I'll fake it. And as a bonus, I'll make it look like your fault."

I felt panic rise in my chest. If Ginny, Ron and Harry think I've killed someone, they'll all hate me. and never speak to me again. I'll lose everyone I love. She can't do this.

But she can.

She lay down, held her breath and made her eyes glaze over. She was quite a good actress, I have to admit.

Harry walked in just as Cho managed to perfect her position, and unfortunately believed that she was dead.

"HERMIONE! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?" he yelled.

"I havn't done anything, Harry, it's not as it seems!" I insisted.

"WHAT IS IT THEN?"

"Well... um... she.... um.... you see..... she's...."

"Exactly."

"Wait a second... why do you care so much about this? I thought you loved Ginny!"

"I do, it's just she was my friend!"

"So I guess if she's your friend..."

"Yes?"

"...then I'm not."

I ran out of the room.

Ginny

Hermione ran past us, obviously trying to get as far as she could from the common room. Ron grabbed her wrist, but she pulled away and disappeared around the corner.

When me and Ron entered the common room, the first thing I saw was Harry leaning over Cho Chang, who looked dead.

"What happened?" I asked him.

He turned to face me. "Someone killed her." he explained.

Unfortunately, Ron thought that Harry looking at me meant that he blamed me.

"But Ginny wouldn't kill anyone!" he said.

"I wasn't taking about Ginny."

I backed slowly out of the room.

Ron

"Thanks!" I called sarcastically after Ginny.

She poked her head around the door. "That's OK." she said.

And then she was gone.

I turned back to Harry.

"Who was it then?" I asked, not sure if I wanted to know or not.

"Hermione." he replied.

I felt really angry. How could Harry accuse Hermione of such a dreadful thing?

"She wouldn't!" I yelled.

"She has!"

I growled. Hermione wouldn't. She really wouldn't. She couldn't do anything like that. She'd feel to guilty afterwards.

"Hermione wouldn't. And niether would Ginny."

"Well, obviously, Hermione would. Look!"

"NO, WHO CARES ANYWAY! WHO IS MORE YOUR FRIEND? HERMIONE OR CHO?" I asked accusingly. He stared at me. Was he actually thinking about this? Is this decision really that hard?

"Cho!" He screamed back and then he stormed out the common room.

" HARRY!" I yelled. " WE ARE NOT DONE!" He turned back to talk to me.

" What?"

" Cho isn't your friend! Can't you see. Ginny wouldn't do this.

" For the last time Ron. Ginny didn't. Hermione did."

He turned to face me. Ok then. This was it. I had to fight. To save my soon to be wife. I pulled out my wand and forced it to stay still. It wouldn't stop wriggling about. Not now. Harry saw this and pulled out his own wand. That is not fair. He has such an awsome wand. The way all the hairs are intwined, only a few are poking out the ends. It was so shiny. At least Harry's wand which was Volde....Volde...Mor....E...T...S..VOLDEMORT'S brother snapped so I'm pretty safe. Except for one tiny tiny teeny proplem. I don't know noodles about spells. It's not like I went to Hogwarts, the best academic wizard/witch school in the world, for 7 years. Oh wait; I did. Except I was too busy helping Harry here save the world millions of times. If it wern't for me Harry wouldn't have even made it past the way to the philosophers stone. I am amazing at chess.

Ginny

A couple of minutes after I left our common room I heard strange zapping sounds sounds and then Harry scream in pain. With a thud. I ran in and Ron was there standing with one foot on Harry''s chest. His wand was held in the air. In victory. He was grinning like a Cheshire cat.

I closed my eyes, pretended I hadn't seen anyhing, and left the room.

Ron

"Ron, you don't get it." Harry growled as he got up. "Hermione killed Cho."

"No she didn't. She couldn't perform the killing curse to save her life. Neither could Ginny."

"But she has."

"No. I won't hear of it. My fiance is not a killer. And neither is my sister."

Hermione

I slowly approached the door, listening closely to see who was in there.

"RON! FOR THE LAST TIME, THIS ISN'T ABOUT GINNY! IT'S ABOUT HERMIONE!" Harry yelled.

"I KNOW HERMIONE! SHE WOULDN'T!" Ron screamed.

Oh please say he means that I wouldn't kill anyone.

"WELL, YOU WERE OBVIOUSLY WRONG ABOUT HER! LOOK AT CHO! IT'S OBVIOUS THAT IT WAS HERMIONE; SHE WAS THE ONLY OTHER ONE IN THE ROOM!"

I felt anger rise inside me. How could Harry say that Ron was wrong about me? He wasn't wrong, he was right!

"I KNOW HER! SHE WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO DO THIS TO ANYONE! NOT EVEN MALFOY!"

I was really grateful then. Ron was sticking up for me, even if it meant fighting his best friend.

"YOU DON'T KNOW HER AS WELL AS YOU THOUGHT, THEN! SHE'S DONE THIS!"

"How dare you say that."

There was a short silence, and then the door opened.

The second Ron saw me, he sat down beside me.

"I didn't do anything, Ron." I propmised.

"I know." he sighed,

"She's faking it. I think she wanted me to lose everyone I love, like she has."

"You havn't lost me. And... I can't believe it. Cho faked it? Did she want to blame it on you?" he sounded really angry by this point.

"Yes. She wanted to blame it on me."

"Wait here a second. I want to finish off my little talk with Harry." he left. "HARRY! I'VE JUST SEEN HERMIONE! SHE SAID SHE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!"

"SHE WAS LYING! ANYWAY, YOU'RE ONLY STICKING UP FOR HER BECUASE YOU LOVE HER AND DON'T WANT HER TO GO TO ASKABAN!" Harry shouted.

"SO WHAT IF THAT'S TRUE?"

And then, Ron was back.

"You didn't tell him about Cho faking it. Why?" I asked.

"Because if I had, then Chang would have hurt you for telling me."

"No she wouldn't."

"She would. And I don't want that to happen again."

A/N; Now this is the end! Thamk you again to Shannon!