Chapter 12

A/N; I'm really looking forward to writing this chapter! Thanks to Jo and Izzy for putting up with me while planning!

Hermione

 I was sat in the library reading Hogwarts; A History when I saw Harry walk past. Before I could say anything to him, he had stormed past me, looking angry but somewhat worried as well, and walked into the restricted section.

I wandered what he could be doing... he was probably doing something stupid like finding out about mysterious disappearances so he could find out about Cho. Why did he have to say how worried about Cho when Ginny could obviously hear him? It was just so... un-Harry like of him. He wouldn't normally be so... so careless about what he said and where he said it.

Just then, Professor McGonnagall swooped in. She scanned the library with a slight smile on her face, but then approached the restricted section. I peered through the gap in one of the bookcases to see what she was doing. Harry had been very stupid and forgotton to take his invisibility cloak with him.

"POTTER!" She screeched, "YOU ARE NOT MEANT TO BE HERE! IT IS AGAINST THE RULES! DETENTION! SEE ME IN MY OFFICE TONIGHT! AND NO GETTING OUT OF IT!"

And with that, she was gone.

*******************************************************************

"So... Harry's got detention?" Ron asked me. I had just told him what had had happened in the library. I nodded.

"Do you think that we should try to find Cho? I mean, if we did, then Ginny wouldn't be so annoyed, we could find out who Harry prefers..." I suggested.
"WHAT? YOU WANT TO FIND CHO SO THAT HARRY COULD SAY THAT HE PREFERS HER AND BREAKS GINNY'S HEART AGAIN?"

Taken aback, I said, "AT LEAST SHE COULD GET OVER HIM AND HARRY COULD MAKE HIS MIND UP! AND STOP BEING SO PROTECTIVE OF YOU SISTER, BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW HALF THE THINGS THAT ARE GOING ON!"

"AND I SUPPOSE YOU DO?"

A lot calmer, I whispered, "Well................ I'm going to look for her, even if you won't................................................."

"I'm sorry............................................................. I just don't like seeing Ginny so upset...................................... and knowing thre's nothing I can do about it..................................................................................................................................................." his voice grew quieter as he said it.

I reached out and squeezed his hand at the the look of helplessness on his face. Without looking away from the spot of wall which his gaze was fixed on, he squeezed my hand back. Glancing at each other momentarily, we walked down to the great hall for dinner, and began to discus the task ahead.

I looked around at the portrait hole to see if anyone was following us...

"Um... Ron, you might want to loom back around..."

 There, where the Fat Lady should be, was Cho Chang

A/N; BIG THANK YOU to Izzy for practically writing the shouting bit for me... an the bit after that...