Chapter 34

Lili

"I'm so sorry to hear about your sister, Lili. It must be terrible for you!" yet another Ravenclaw, Persephone, said to me. It must've been the millionth time I'd heard it.

If you ask me, Cho's gone to far. She faked her death to get home! And to make matters worse, she's blamed it on Hermione, who hasn't done anything to Cho except survive that curse Cho put on her. There was no reason for it!

"Lili, what's happened? Why is everyone saying that to you?" Luna asked.

I'd forgotten she was there.

"Basically, Cho faked her death to get home. But she's blamed it on Hermione for some reason, and most people think that she really did kill Cho, even though she obviously didn't." I explained, anger rushing through me as I put my thoughts into words.

"That's awful. But... what do you mean by most people?"

"I mean everyone except you, me, Ginny and Ron."

"So Harry thinks so?"

"Yes. You'd expect Harry to know Hermione better. You'd expect him to know that she wouldn't- no, she couldn't- kill anyone, not even her worst enemy. He's supposed to be one of her best friends! I know that she couldn't, and I've only known her for a few weeks!"

"That's not right. Surely Harry can tell whether someone's dead or not! You don't need to be a genius to figure that one out!"

"Apparently, he can't tell the difference. It's not exactly the cleverest thing he's ever done."

"Didn't anyone say anything to him?"

"Yes. Ron kind of exploded at him, saying that Hermione couldn't even kill Malfoy and all..."

"Oh."

I have never been so mad in my 17 years of life. Cho can't just pretend to be dead and hope that all her troubles will go away, because they probably won't! And to blame it on an innocent muggle-born...

It's just wrong.

Ron

I sat down beside Hermione and put my arm around her.

"Don't worry, Hermione." I told her. "Me and Ginny believe in you. We know you didn't do anything, no matter what Harry says."

She put her head on my shoulder.

"Thank you." she said.

"You don't really need to thank us for being your friends. We'll be your friends no matter what happens because we want to. There's no need to thank us."

She looked at me, and for a split second, her eyes showed sadness, but then they changed to show an unknown expression.

"They all hate me, Ron. They all hate me."

"Hermione, look at me," she looked up and stared into my eyes. I could see she was looking for a comforting comment but I had forgot what I was saying. She and I both saw how people looked at her when she walked through the streets. She is smart, I know that if I tell her no one hates her then she won't believe me. "Ginny, me and Lili all know you wouldn't do this. Cho is evil and spiteful as well as selfish. Harry will get over this and soon realise what a sick scam Cho is pulling. Who cares what other people think as long as you have your friends?"

"I do." She yelled. She put her head in her hands and I could tell she was crying because of the muffled sobs that escaped.

I guess I should've seen that coming. Though she'll never show it in public, she gets really upset when something really hurts her, or if she thinks that everyone hates her.

"Look, if anyone does hate you, then they're stupid. They're stupid for believing this whole trick. They're just seeing the you Cho made up. They're not seeing the real you. No one would hate the real you, Hermione."

Ginny

"Harry..." I had finally go the courage to talk to Harry about this whole Cho thing. "Harry, you know that Hermione wouldn't kill Cho? In fact, she couldn't..."

His green eyes narrowed. "Did Ron put you up to this?" he asked angrily. "Did he tell you to say that to continue this?"

"Of course not. I'm just saying that she couldn't and she wouldn't. Not for any reason."

"Which is what he said,"

"Please, try to see that she wouldn't. You're meant to be one of her best friends. You need to be there for her when she needs it, Harry. You should know her better than this."

"I'm sorry, but I can't be friends with her after what she did."

"Harry! She. Didn't. Kill. Cho."

It looked like it would take a while to convince him.

Hermione

I didn't reply. I couldn't think of one, and I was crying too much to even consider speaking. Each hot tear fell out of my eyes so fast I couldn't stop them. There was no way to. No way at all. Ron's basically just told me that everyone hates me.

"And if anyone tries to do anything to you, I'll protect you from them. I won't let anything happen to you." his grip on me tightened.

It's not that I'm worried about. What if Harry makes Ginny believe that I was lying, and that I did kill Cho? What if she hates me, and thinks I'm a liar? And what if she tells Ron that I lied, and then he begins to hate me, too? And everyone still thinks I've killed Cho. No matter how much Ron tries to protect me, they'll still think so.

They'll hate me until they know the truth.

If they ever find out the truth.

A/N; Thanks to Shannon for rewriting one of my paragraphs, :D

Sorry the P.O.Vs were short at the end. :( Stupid writer's block.