chapter15: Fighting a Cherub

Intro:

Ben POV:

Ben: "Home sweet-...or close enough at least"

I muttered, collapsing onto my
bed, exhaustion washing over me.

Ben: "You can come in now!"

I called out, hearing the familiar footsteps behind me.

Keenie, Collin, and Cletus entered
through the portal simultaneously, before curiously surveying my room.

Cletus and Collin walked towards
the window, their eyes widening at the sight beyond.

Cletus: "So this is hell, huh?"

Cletus remarked, a hint of disgust in his voice.

Ben: "Yeah, this is hell"

I confirmed, my tone somber as I reflected on our current situation.

Cletus: "I thought there was gonna be more flames in hell, followed up with the most painful torture"

Ben: "Really?"

Collin: "W-we've never traveled to hell, so this is the first time we've seen it with our own eyes"

Keenie: "Yeah, it's different than what we imagined"

Ben: "I see then"

Then Cletus shot me a hostile glare, his face contorted with rage.

Cletus *angrily*: "And if it weren't for you, we would've never had to see hell with OUR GOD DAMN EYES!"

Both Collin and Keenie gasped in shock.

Keenie: "Cletus, what you said is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit"

Cletus: "I DON'T CARE! GOD HAS ABANDONED US, AND YOU KNOW IT, KEENIE!"

Keenie's expression fell into one of despair.

Collin: "C-cletus, stop. You're making Keenie sad"

Collin then embraced Keenie, comforting her with whispered words of reassurance.

Keenie: "Thank you, Collin"

Cletus: "Guys, I know you're sad, but *sob* I just wanna go home"

Cletus collapsed onto the floor, overcome with sobs.

Ben: "I have an idea. Maybe if you start doing good things, helping people, perhaps God will see that you've changed and allow you back into heaven"

Keenie: "Ben, maybe that will wor- uh, Cletus?"

Suddenly, Cletus began hovering above the ground, a shadow casting over his eyes.

He swiftly extended his hand, and a yellow light began to manifest in the shape of a crossbow.

Cletus *with a twisted grin*: "Y-you're right. I should fix my wrongdoings... STARTING WITH YOU, SHITTY HUMAN!"

He launched an arrow in my direction, but I dodged it swiftly, causing it to embed itself into the ground near my foot.

Cletus: "Y-yeah, it was your f-fault
and... *shoot*... THOSE FUCKIN' IMPS,
HAHAHAHA... *shoot* ...I'M GOING TO KILL YOU... THEN... THEN *shoot* ...KILL EVERY DISGUSTING DEMON IN THIS HELL HOLE... S-STARTING WITH YOU...
HAHAha..."