Chapter28: Fairly Odd Summer Camp

Intro:

Ben POV:

Ben: "Come on, you stupid thing,
fucking work!"

I was sitting on the couch in the hotel with Charlie by my side as I violently shook the watch. She looked intrigued as I was going nuts with how frustrating it was.

Charlie: "Ben, if I may ask, what's
wrong with your alien watch?"

She asked curiously.

Ben: "That's what I'm asking"

l answered before violently slamming my other hand down on it, making Charlie flinch.

Ben: "It's been stuck on scan mode since yesterday"

I answered, before tapping again on it for the hope of exiting it.

Charlie: "Scan...mode?"

I continued fiddling with the watch, frustration evident on my face.

Ben: "Yeah, scan mode. It's supposed to collect and analyze DNA, sample, uh...thingy, from different aliens to turn you into. But for some reason, it's been stuck like this since yesterday"

Charlie: "So, this Scan mode... could it potentially turn you into a demon or something even more incredible?"

Her eyes sparkled with curiosity and amazement at the possibilities.

Ben: "Haha, you're thinking big, Charlie. But sorry to disappoint, this watch doesn't do demonic transformations. It's more about the cool alien variety, or so I was told"

Charlie's expression suddenly shifted from excitement to concern as she listened to my explanation.

Charlie: "But still, that does sound serious. Is there anything I can do to help?"

I glanced at her, grateful for her support.

Ben: "I'm not sure, and the only guy I know who could help isn't... available right now"

I could feel my frustration mounting by the second. How dare the watch just mess around like this? I'm literally in hell, where anything can happen.

In a moment of anger, I lashed out, slamming my hand hard on the watch.

I could see Charlie's eyes widen in surprise.

Charlie: "B-Ben, I don't think you should have done that. Violence is never really the answer"

Suddenly, the watch faceplate opened, and the core appeared, emanating green energy as it began dialing. I furrowed my eyebrows, taken aback by the unexpected activation.

Charlie squinted, shielding her eyes from the bright light surrounding us both.

Charlie: "Uhh, is that supposed to happen-"

Before she could finish her sentence, she was abruptly struck by the energy, knocking the wind out of her. She cried out in pain as she stumbled backward and collapsed to the ground, clutching her chest.

Ben: "Charlie!"

Before I could rush to check on her, the watch beeped as the light died down.

"Scan complete, new transformation is available"

But my concern shifted back to Charlie as she groaned in pain, struggling to stand up while holding her head and chest.

Charlie: "Fuck, what was that?"