chapter17: Doing Hero Work

Intro:

Ben POV:

Ben: "HOLY!" I jolted out of my Bed sweating profusely, that felt too real to be a dream, right?

I scanned my surroundings, but I was just in my room, well, the room that Charlie gave me and not my actual real room, God this is hell, literally.

I stretched out of bed still feeling tired from that nightmare, and headed downstairs.

I found everyone at the table sitting and eating in silence while looking at the Cherubs, they didn't seem too fond of the angels, expect Alastor and Charlie, she seemed happy and he's indifferent, but then again he's indifferent about a lot of things, he's just watching shit happens I guess.

After noticing me they all locked eyes with me instead.

Ben: "uh.... good morning?"

Charlie smiled greeting.

Charlie: "Good morning Ben, slept well?"

I answered as I took a place beside  Keenie.

Ben: "yeah you could say so even though I had this weird dream"

Charlie *intrigued*: "Weird dream? How so"

Ben: *munching on a piece of bacon* "it's not really that important, so what are your plans for today!"

I tried changing the subject so I don't have to explain the dream, I mean it's not really important it's just some stupid thing my subconscious created.

I thought looking down at my plate before looking at her and seeing her smiling.

Charlie: "I was thinking of putting some new decorations you know, maybe put some flowers and stuff to hopefully grab customers attention...so what do you think?"

Ben *not listening*: "huh? Oh yeah great"

Glancing at Keenie, I noticed her discomfort, assuming she wasn't sure about eating food from hell.

Whispering to her, I reassured.

Ben: "You could eat it if you want. It tastes just like normal food"

She nodded and took a cautious bite, not displaying overwhelming joy. I doubted she liked the idea of consuming food from hell.

Time Skip:

Everyone went their way after an awkward breakfast, everyone kept eyeing the Cherubs here and there, I think they drew the line at the cherubs on guests that are welcomed in.

Ben: *cough*: "yeah that just happened"

Collin: "d-did you see how they kept looking at us..."

Keenie: "it's like we're the bad guys *hit the table* THEY'RE THE BAD GUYS!"

Collin: "h-hey calm d-down Keenie it's okay"

Keenie: "NO IT'S NOT OKAY COLLIN"

Keenie was now fuming with anger.

Keenie *angerly*: "You, Ben"

No one POV:

Ben got stiff at the mention of his name

Ben: "yeah?"

Keenie: "didn't you say you're going to Help us? Well... we're waiting"

Ben: "oh well... uhh"