Chapter21: Getting A Job

Intro:

Ben POV:

Ben: "Extermination day coming soon? What does that mean?"

I asked nobody in particular while gazing at the TV through the window of the electronic store, the same one I noticed when I first arrived in Hell.

The urgency in Katie Killjoy's announcement and Tom's panicking caught my attention.

Ben: "I'll ask Charlie about it later"

Leaving the store entrance behind, I strolled through the city. While walking through the streets I got some curious glances from other demons walking by, it felt weird and different from the ones I'm used to in my world where I'm a hero.

Ben: "Snap out of it, Ben."

I shook my head, refocusing on the surroundings. As I continued my walk, I couldn't help but notice the city's resemblance to NYC, of course if you ignore the drugs vending machines and Porn studios, it's just NYC but with a red filter.

Ben: "And, of course, you can't forget the homeless crisis here"

Observing a homeless man begging for money, my hero instincts kicked in. I approached, lowering my head, and reached for my wallet, ready to offer what little I could. It might not be much, but it's an honest effort.

Before I could respond, I felt a force pushing me off balance, causing me to tumble down. I grabbed my head, grumbling as I stood back up. When I opened my eyes, my wallet and the hobo were nowhere to be seen. Did I just get mugged?

Ben: "This has to be a joke, is this another one of Desperado's shitty nightmares? Oh yeah I vaporized that guy"

Laughter shook me from my dazed state. A hellhound and his buddies were laughing their asses off at me.

Hellhound *laughing*: "What a fucking dumbass! Getting mugged by some hobo, couldn't be me!"

Demon *laughing*: "Who the hell even helps those cunts? They'll just buy drugs and get high anyway!"

I grumbled at them before walking away, pondering how I would explain this to the others. I'm supposed to be the strongest person in the universe, yet I was outwitted by a fucking druggie!

And I really needed that money for the new parts of the teleportation device I'm working on. It's just unbeliev-

Ben: "Mm-hmm!"

A flier smacked right into my face. Irritated, I grabbed it ready to rip it apart, but something caught my eye.

Ben: "Help Wanted!, Freddy Fazbear's pizza...blah blah blah... ensure safety, monitor cameras blah blah blah *eye widens* $297 a week!... What's this about not being responsible for injury or dismemberment? That's a disturbing thing to add..."

I examined the flier. It was seeking help for the pizzeria I had talked to Mrs. Mayberry in. The pay wasn't the best, but it's not like I have many other options down here. And hey, by the fifth week, I should be able to recover the money I lost.

Time Skip:

Entering the pizzeria, I navigated through the arcade noises and kids' laughter, looking for the office. After a moment, I spotted a door with "Manager" written on it. I opened the door and entered.

A purple demon with black eyes was sitting behind his desk. His cold eyes locked onto mine as I stepped into the room.

Purple Guy: "Well, well, a little tap on the door wouldn't have hurt, you know"