Chapter26: Security And Belles

Intro:

Ben POV:

I dashed down the stairs in a panic, cursing myself for losing track of time.

As I zoomed past Charlie, she called out to me, but I didn't have a moment to spare.

Charlie: "Hey Ben, where are you g-"

Ben: "Sorry, gotta go fast!"

Outside the hotel, I finally came to a stop, gasping for breath as I glanced down at the Omnitrix strapped to my wrist. With quick, frantic movements, I cycled through the alien icons until I found the one I needed, then slammed down on the watch, enveloping myself in a green light as I transformed into...

XLR- wait, why am I wrapped in bandages? I watched in confusion as they encased my body, replacing my skin. My hands morphed into four-fingered, bandaged appendages, and a golden pharaoh's headdress adorned my head. In a split second, the transformation was complete, and I found myself staring at my new form.

Snare-oh: "Snare-oh? Really?"

I rolled my eyes in exasperation.

Snare-oh: "I was wondering when you'd give me a mistransformation"

Facepalming, I tried to figure out my next move. I was already late for the job, and this mishap would only make me later.

But then, a sudden idea struck me. It was something I had been considering for a while, but I never had the chance to try it with Snare-oh before.

Snare-oh: "Here goes nothing"

I stopped in front of a tall building, extending my arm and shooting out a bandage from my hand. After a few seconds, it latched onto the top of the building, and I swiftly ran a few steps before jumping high into the air, using the momentum to swing myself forward.

Shooting out another bandage and repeating the process, I found myself swinging through the city skyline like Spider-Man.

The rush of the hot wind against my bandages and the feeling of freedom was exhilarating as I propelled myself forward.

Snare-oh: "This is awesome indeed!"

After swinging for a while, I finally closed in on the restaurant. Spotting it in the distance, I shot out two bandages, using them as a slingshot like I did at the harvest moon festival, propelling myself toward the door. It was a bit dramatic, but hey, that's just me. When I'm not dodging near-death experiences, I try to have some fun.

As I neared the sidewalk, my eyes widened as I realized I was dangerously close to the ground. In a last-ditch effort to decrease the impact, I shifted my weight and adjusted my body, positioning my legs so I fell on them instead. Suddenly, my legs shifted and merged together, forming into a bandage spring that absorbed all the impact as I hit the ground, before returning to normal.

I looked surprised at what I had just done.

Snare-oh: "Hmm, it seems like I might have forgotten that this guy can do a lot more than just stretching his arms. Guess you're not a cheap Wildvine copy after all"

Entering through the door, it slightly brushed against my gold headdress.

I flinched in surprise as I saw two glowing eyes watching me through the dimly lit restaurant. The figure was tapping his legs in frustration before suddenly lifting a brow in confusion.