Chapter20: Truth Seekers

Intro:

Ben POV:

I slumped on my bed, exhausted from yesterday's events. The constant transformations and the beating that unfolded over the past two days were taking a toll on me.

Now, I couldn't care less about finding a way back to my universe. Today was my day off from everything.

No One POV:

In a secret headquarters of a covert branch of the US government, agents were diligently keeping track of the IMPs and Ben's activities around the world.

Multiple TVs circled the dark room, each playing clips from Ben's adventures with the IMPs. Scenes ranged from Ben stopping Blitz from shooting the happy family to Shock Rock finishing off the giant fish during the beach incident. The footage continued, capturing Moxxie and Millie's escape from the cherubs while french kissing, and finally the TV shows a shot of horses, which then zooms past them and onto Blitz, who was caught jumping over a fence while choking on the boba balls of his drink.

Suddenly the video stopped, a finger then points at the screen where Blitz is.

Agent 3: "Right there *tap on screen* this was the first sighting"

A male voice said, to then be answered by a female one.

Agent 4: "They are definitely from Hell! *Clutch fist* they must be using some kind of black magic to cross to our world"

The TV's keep on playing clips in the background before Agent 4 jumps in her place, fixing her sunglasses she seems to be deep in thoughts.

Agent 4: "They seem to be killing specifically targeted people...by why?"

Agent 3: "And what's the deal with this 'human'..."

Agent 3 zooms in on one of the TVs where Ben used the watch to transform into Gutrot.

Agent 4's voice carried a tone of concern as she remarked.

Agent 4: "He appears to be American, yet we have no data about him, no friends, family, school, or address. It's as if he doesn't exist! And judging by his appearances, he seems... remarkably young, almost too young to be dealing with the situations he's in"

Agent 3 brought the TV closer, showing a looping video of Ben slamming the watch closer to his face.

Agent 3: "That device... I've never seen anything like it before. Its design, its capabilities, it's beyond our understanding. Our top scientists are baffled. It seems to harness an otherworldly power, allowing the user to transform into various powerful beings. We're dealing with technology far more advanced than anything on Earth"

Agent 4 walks closer to Agent 3, bringing a clipboard with papers on it.

Agent 4: "What's even weirder is, through the limited knowledge we have from the videos, this person has never tried killing anyone. On the contrary, he almost always tries to stop them by intervening in some way... well, with varying degrees of success"

Agent 4 points to a TV screen, showing a clip of Ben standing alongside the Imps, horror in his eyes as the police explode the house containing the family.

Agent 3: "Do you think they're forcing him to be with them?"

Agent 4 wearing a disapproving expression, nodded.