Chapter22: Surviving Minimum Wage

Intro:

Ben 10 POV:

It's been an hour since that Phone Guy filled me in on what's actually going on.

Ben: "Let's get this over with"

I grabbed the tablet provided to me. It was nothing special, just a normal tablet with red and green buttons on the left side to indicate power status. I pressed my finger on the screen, opening up 'cam 1'.

The flickering footage shows the main stage, thankfully with all the animatronics still on stage. Since it's only night one, I presume they would be less hostile. It's just a feeling, but who knows? They might jump me at any moment if I'm not careful.

Ben *yawn*: "So are they gonna move or..."

And as if they heard me, the camera footage suddenly turned black, and the bunny vanished without a trace. I've got to give it props, even though it's made of metal, it moves like the wind.

I quickly checked the other camera footage until I stopped at 'cam 3' or the supply room, half his barely visible under the dimly lit that was eliminated by a dangling light bulb.

Ben *smirk* "Gotcha ya sneaky little bastard"

The animatronic rabbit looked directly at the camera before flipping me off before the camera footage suddenly glitched out and returned after he disappeared.

Ben *confused*: "Did he just flip me off? *Scratches head* even the animatronics here are rude"

3 AM:

Everything was going smoothly, the animatronics were still at the main stage, with the exception of that blue bastard hiding somewhere in 'cam 4".

However, I wasn't feeling particularly tired, accustomed as I am to night missions and staying awake. But there's one thing that's really getting to me.

I really need to go to the bathroom, I started tapping my leg on the ground, I seriously can't hold it for another six hours. But what about the animatronics? I promised Mr. William that I won't attack them, so what if they try to attack me?

I thought for a moment until suddenly, I got an idea. I'll transform into Goop and just slip past them.

With my newfound plan, I got up, grabbed my flashlight to light the way, and prepared to make my move.

Ben: "What the fuck?"

On my way to the door, I suddenly bumped into something heavy, knocking me back a couple of inches. Rubbing my sore nose, I squinted at the looming silhouette of something big... and blue.

Oh no, it's the blue rabbit.

I looked at him with annoyance. He seemed bigger in person. I swear I could see a grin on his face, even if that's impossible. It's like he's implying that 'he got me,' or maybe I'm just hallucinating.

Ben: "You really aren't gonna let me go, huh? *Grin* well, let's have it your way"

With a cocky grin, I darted towards the door, hitting the red button to shut it. But of course, Mr. Blueberry here had other plans. He caught the door just before it closed completely, his fingers straining against the giant door trying to push it up.

I leaned against the door, watching with satisfaction as it finally sealed shut, almost catching his fingers in the process. The grin on my face grew wider as I taunted him through the window.