chapter16: A N̶o̶r̶m̶a̶l day in B̶e̶l̶l̶w̶o̶o̶d̶

Ben POV:

It was just another day in Bellwood, and I decided to swing by Mr. Smoothy for my usual fix. The smoothies there were like a slice of heaven in a cup, pure perfection for the taste buds. But today, something felt off. As I took a sip, the flavor was different, not the usual phenomenal taste I was used to.

I shrugged it off and was about to take another sip when my Omnitrix started beeping green. Annoyed, I answered the call, only to be greeted by glitching and malfunctions. I gave it a smack, hoping to set it right.

Ben: "Hey, Rook, what's up?"

I asked, trying to keep my annoyance in check.

Rook: "Ben, sorry for calling you on your day off, but I need you"

Rook replied urgently.

Ben: "Really, what's going on?"

I inquired, curious about the interruption.

Rook: "We aren't sure, but as far as we know, some kind of demonic ritual is happening at an abandoned warehouse trying to summon a demonic entity"

Ben: "You're telling me we're dealing with the Forever Knights summoning Satan on my day off?"

I groaned, feeling exasperated.

Rook: "They are not just any crazy people, Ben, they are the Forever Knights"

Ben: "Did you say the Forever Knights? I thought we defeated those guys"

I said, surprised by the revelation.

Rook explained further.

Rook: "Apparently, not all of them, and they got their hands on an ancient artifact"

Ben: "And why are they trying to summon a demon exactly?"

I pressed, wanting to understand the situation.

Rook: "As I told you, we don't know for sure, but it's obviously for bad intentions"

Rook replied, his tone serious.

Ben: "So, where are they now?"

I asked, eager to get to the bottom of things.

Rook: "Here, I'll send you the coordinates"

I slammed the Omnitrix faceplate, engulfing my body in a green light as I jumped into the air and started flying as Jetray.

I flew through the sky following the coordinates that Rook gave me until I saw the Proto-TRUK parked away from an abandoned warehouse.

Arriving at the scene, I found Rook waiting for me by the Proto-TRUK.

Jetray: "So this is where the magic is happening, huh?"

I remarked, trying to lighten the mood.

Rook: "Please, Ben, take this mission seriously"

Rook urged, his tone grave.

Jetray: "Okay, okay, jeez," I replied, rolling my eyes at his seriousness.

Rook: "What? I don't see any cameras nearby"

Rook said, confused by my response.

Jetray: "No, not as cheese for a selfie, it's jeez, as in a mild expression used to show surprise or annoyance"