Chapter23: Everything Everywhere All at Once

Intro:

No One POV:

Flashback in Stolas Mansion:

The vast expanse of the galaxy fills the screen, then suddenly, Stolas's voice echoes through the space.

Stolas: "In the great expanse of the nether, there exists boundless amounts of magnificent phenomena- the great brilliance of an exploding star, the nimble dance of space dust through a nebula. But once every one thousand years, our corner of reality is treated to an incredible sight. From the deep, eldritch recesses of the cosmos, the tears of a forgotten colossus begin to fall"

Multiple asteroids, ablaze with colorful fire, streak through space.

Stolas: "Tears made of the hopes and dreams of every living thing that never came to be. Condensed and sent shooting across the night sky in a dazzling final display. What appears to mortal beings as a meteor shower, we can see for what it is, Azathoth's Tears"

Stolas finishes telling a young Octavia the tale.

Child Octavia *giggling*: "Daddy, can we go see it someday?"

Stolas: "Yes, dear. I promise, when the day comes, nothing will be able to keep me from being there with you. Good night, my Owlette"

Child Octavia *yawning*: "Good night!"

She turns, wiggles, and giggles in her bed.

Flashback End:

The scene shifts to the present with Octavia, her cheerful demeanor evident as she circles a drawing on a calendar depicting her face, Stolas' face, and a meteor shower marked for "today" With a skip in her step, she heads down a hallway, pulling on her boots.

Octavia: "Hey, dad!"

She searches the kitchen and the manor but finds no sign of him.

Octavia: "Dad? Dad?"

Spotting an open door leading to the foyer, she hears Stolas' voice emanating from it.

Stolas: "Yes, I know!"

Outside, Stolas is on the phone with Stella, holding onto a servant with one hand while imps load items into a van.

Stolas: "It will be there shortly. Of course, they're being careful!"

Octavia: "Dad, what's going on?"

Stolas: "Apparently, your mother can't exist somewhere for two minutes without the entirety of her possessions-"

Stella's voice interrupts through the phone, incomprehensibly yelling.

Stolas: "What? No! I'm not turning her against you- Yes, Stella!"

Stella: "-never have to see your fucking face again!"

Octavia: "Mom?"

Stella: "Everyone-"

She continues yelling incomprehensibly.

Octavia: "This is going to be done before tonight, right?"

Stolas: "What? Oh, I hardly think so. Knowing your mother, this will take all weekend"

He turns to the imps loading the car.

Stolas: "Don't be gentle about it, now! Break whatever you have to to get it all in there"