Chapter 12: A Friendship Made Of Rhinestones

Y/N didn't know what to say after he had been told that news, only sitting in a chair in Phillips room, and staring ahead blankly. He looked at a blank piece of paper he had kept, a piece of paper he could write a letter to his dear father. He longed to see his family again, not to be stuck in.. this place.

Y/N only sighed in frustration, and stood on his feet. He paced toward the left corner room, and then to the right, as if he were in thought. He had to find out a way to make Phillip actually work with him for a change. Would Phillips desire for women get in the way of him reaching freedom of this cruel binding of chains?

He bit his lip, almost enough to draw blood. He didn't know what he was to do about this.

"I know your there, you know."

Y/N had said that out loud, crossing his arms and striking him gaze to whomever stood behind him. Surely enough, it was Phillip, leaning upon the doorframe with his light blue eyes. The freckled man widened his eyes in response.

"How'd— How'd you know?!" Phillip asked, seemingly with genuine fear.

"I'm not suffering from a lack of intelligence, Hamilton," Y/N said, slightly turning his body to face Phillip, "I will feel your presence if you arrive."

"Pssh.." Phillip rolled his eyes, "no wonder people call you a freak."

"I believe you to be the only one who calls me that." Y/N replied while closing his eyes, "Now, are you to be nonsensically playing around with strange women you don't even know, or are you to be staying here now?"

"Believe me, I'd rather go hit on some more women," Phillip said with a stinging glare of roaring hatred, "but I guess Pops believes that we like eachother after all." Phillip began to walk over to his bed, and sat on it rather loudly as he tucked a small part of the blankets cover over his right leg.

"Oh, right.." Y/N mumbled, "about that.. you did not follow through with giving ourselves a false image for the public so I could be freed of being in your company. And so you could be freed of mine. Did you forget, or did you purposefully ignore that rule?"

"So what?" Phillip groaned while throwing back his head dramatically, "Not like what they say is gonna matter anyway. I know damn well they don't really expect us to act all buddy-buddy with eachother, unlike my Pops of course."

"Which is why I'm only going to act like that around you with my family," Phillip smirked, "understand?"

Y/N said nothing, and began to tread over to Phillips direction with a blank face. Phillip only watched, raising a brow curiously as he approached closer. Y/N stopped walking, and only stood at the right side of Phillips legs.

"No, I don't believe I do."

Those were the words Phillip heard Y/N speak, before he found himself plummeting to the cushion of his very own bed. "Woah!" He let out, surprised by the sudden force of motion being forced upon him, it felt as if it were a boulder with how harsh it was.

The freckled man then found himself being met with e/c eyes, and only just then realized that his wrists were binded by two hands clenched onto them. As if it were a chain, as if he were trapped! Maybe this is what prison felt like, maybe prison was his enemy!

Y/Ns face hadn't changed to any sort of emotion, still looking blank as he looked at the struggling man beneath him.

"For as long as you struggle, for as long as you look at me so, I shall not move." Y/N calmly spoke as if he were some sort of snake, "Until you promise me that you will abide by the rules I had set for us on our visit to the coffee shop, I will chain you like this forever. I will be your prison if I have to."

"What does that— ugh!" Phillip let out a grunt as he continued to struggle, wiggling beneath Y/Ns body. "It means you will agree to what I say unless you'd like to stay here forever," Y/N growled lowly, yet still keeping calmness in his voice, "and believe me, I don't think that is what you wish."

"Argh— fine!" Phillip snapped, looking into Y/Ns eyes once more as he ceased his struggling. Y/N weakened his grip on Phillips wrist, and only softly smirked in satisfaction. "Good. For as long as I am seen with you, women will not be your top priority anymore."

"You suck, man." Phillip panted as Y/N let him go. Y/N slowly guided himself off of the bed and back onto his feet, and Phillip only contorted his body upwards as he struggled to breathe or do anything for that matter.

"I do not believe petty insults will get you anywhere, Phillip," Y/N sighed, "now come on. Your mother is preparing dinner. We shall have to be careful unless your father decides to increase our time together from three hours to four."

"Oh com—wait, he made it to three?!"

His question wasn't answered, as he was only yanked out of his room and into the corridors of his own house.

————

"So, Phillip!"

The voice of Phillips mother cheerfully began, as the children only loudly chattered around the table. "I see your finally getting along with Y/N!" She smiled gently, a small hint of pride inside of her voice, feeling deeply proud of what she thought her dear son had accomplished.

Phillip gulped and falsely smiled, "Yes, i... I believe so, mom."

"Your son and I have made up," Y/N gave a bow of his head with a polite smile, "I believe that maybe all that fighting was just that of petty and childish behavior after all. Maybe we didn't really have anything to fight for since the beginning of meeting one another."

Eliza smiled, proud that her son had accomplished such a "friendship" with a man whom she thought he no longer considered an enemy. Phillip smiled awkwardly, as one of his siblings bumped into him while eating the dinner that Eliza had cooked.

"It is good that you are getting along, boys," Alexander smiled, "I was beginning to wonder when you'd start getting along."

"I was too." Y/N replied rather quickly, to which Alexander only laughed awkwardly; though Y/N was unsure of why he was laughing at such a reply anyway.

But even though the Hamiltons couldn't see it, the two boys looked at eachother with deep hatred in their eyes, the false friendship they had crafted only brought them further embarrassment and cringe. They both had one thing in common; they would do anything for their fathers.

Phillip would pretend to like someone for the sake of his own, and Y/N would pretend nothing was wrong for the sake of his father. Maybe that's what was getting in the way of them becoming friends, or forming any sort of bond.

Or maybe it was because they couldn't admit theirselves to have flaws to one another. Maybe it was that Phillip couldn't face the fact that he was a little too prideful, and a slight double. Maybe it was because Y/N couldn't bother to listen to people's complaints about him, or maybe he was just too mean.

Either way, these two boys would do anything to justify their hatred against eachother; they'd do anything to keep hating eachother. Even if it meant having to have dinner with one another.

///////////////
Yassified