Chapter 17: A Roaring Ocean of Emotion

"Pardon?!"

Those were the words John had spat out, once brown liquid had also been spat everywhere from the tea he was drinking. "He apologized?! Phillip Hamilton?! To you?!" He questioned, looking as if he just heard the most shocking thing in the whole wide world. Though surely there were more shocking things then two men actually saying sorry to one another.

"Well, it was only after I had apologized." Y/N said, "I have honestly never quite expected for him to have it in him. For a man such as himself to apologize.. its almost as rare as a rain shower out in the desert."

"Believe me, that's true!" John smiled, placing his tea cup on the table in front of them. "I had only expected pigs would fly the day he decided to do such a thing. Perhaps you may be getting to him after all?"

"No," Y/N grumbled, "the day he stops being unnecessarily rude to me is the day I learn how to sing opera-style. Both are considerably impossible, and shall never once happen. After all, my vocal chords were never made for that. And I don't think he was made to not hate me either."

"You make that sound as if you two were made to hate eachother." John leaned back in his chair.

"Perhaps we were." Y/N softly said, staring down at his lap.

"Oh, dear friend," John breathed gently, "for such a thing to be true, I'd have to be made to tapdance."

"You could probably do such a thing, if your athleticism was high enough." Y/N smiled, a slightly teasing tone dripping from his voice. John only looked down at his lap, an embarrassed blush burning onto his skin.

"Oh, don't remind me. My legs practically quiver anytime I stand." Joked John. "I return those words, as I feel the same way as you, physically. I am not the strongest of men, and you aren't either, but nor are you the weakest." Y/N softly said, attempting to slightly comfort his friend.

"I believe that.. if you try hard enough, maybe you could learn to tapdance someday. It would be most successful for a man such as yourself, an intelligent man like you would benefit from it most certainly." Y/N said those words with a soft smile growing on his face, as he gestured with his hands.

John said nothing in return, but after a bit, he smiled and looked up from his lap. And he grinned; "And I believe that even if it may seem impossible, a man such as yourself may be able to tame someone as mad with rage and pride as Phillip."

"Oh, please, you think of me way too highly;" Y/N closed his eyes and turned his head to look ahead at the street in front of him, "for me to be able to do such a thing, I'd have to become custom to his way of living."

"Friend, I am certain that is not what you must do." Reassured John, "I am sure, even with how stubborn and cruel he is, you shall move on with this with ease. One day, you may not have to deal with him anymore."

"I'd hope so." Replied Y/N.

Though Y/N may not have admitted it, as he was a bit embarrassed to, he didn't really know what he would do without Phillip. He had to have someone to take out his anger on ever since he came into his life, and without that empty void of anger, to where would he put all his rage?

————

"Your here."

Phillips voice had greeted him once he stepped inside, and sunlight lit up the room in an unbelievable yellow tint. He hadn't guessed himself to be gone long; only leaving to spend some time with his dear friend once his three hours with Phillip were completely over. He had only noticed that the sun was beginning to set.

"You are not blind, congratulations." Said Y/N, setting down his book on the couch. "For what purpose do you wait for me so? If you are not going to waste my use of time, then state it."

"I am here to tell you that my parents were beginning to worry about where you went," Phillip snarled, "why do you always act like I'm gonna fight you or somethin'?!"

"Challenging me to a duel doesn't leave the best impression, Hamilton." Y/N stated, crossing his arms and staring up at the taller man with a hint of aggression, hidden by calming waters. He found Phillips eyes of light blue growing with more anger

"I had simply gone off to spend time with my dear friend, John, your parents need not any concern with my well being. You need not any concern with my well being either. Though I'd assume you were probably wishing I'd be gone longer." Y/N growled, and Phillip only forced a smirk.

"Guess you can read minds now." Phillip softly breathed those words, Y/N was practically beneath his face as of now. Phillips head had been slightly leaned over in order to face Y/N more clearly, and Y/N had walked slightly closer in order to maintain perfect eye contact with his enemy.

"Please. This is not a fantasy book, Hamilton, I am merely more observant than you; for what sort of observations have you made in the past hour? What observations have you made at all?" Y/N asked, practically glaring into Phillips pupils.

"Well, your certainly insistent on everything having a purpose, that's for sure." Phillip grumbled, his smirk fading, he crossed his arms as if mirroring Y/N for a moment.

"Why wouldn't anything have a purpose? You do not eat food just because it brings you amusement, do you? No, you simply do it so you do not starve. Even something as little as water has a purpose, as it brings great benefit to the earth. Which benefit do you bring to this planet, hm? What benefit do you bring to humanity?"

As Y/N made that statement, Phillip slightly took a step away from him.

"If your gonna be like that, I'm going to my bedroom." Phillip began to turn away from the man, and started walking off into the direction that had lead to his room.

"It isn't as if I long to be in your physical company anyway." Y/N whispered to himself, and looked around the room.

He and Phillip were polar opposites. Clearly.

Phillip was like a roaring ocean, crashing with waves and lightning piercing out of the sky. Capable of sinking ships, and capable of hiding so many things that could possibly harm people. Yet, it could be the most peaceful thing ever at times, and sometimes.. no, no.. certainly not that.

And Y/N was like a waterfall, wishing to be left alone. But if a person came down it's path, stupidly deciding to ride a boat while in its midst, then they would face the rightful consequences. Though he could be peaceful if left alone.

And of course, surely; a waterfall and a roaring ocean of emotion couldn't be so good together, could they?

////////////
E