Chapter 41: A Suspecting Man In Green.

Y/N hadn't turned his head to face the entrance of the bathroom that was revealing them both embracing, but he could damn well hear the sounds of the person's footsteps approaching—his head was practically buried into his enemy's chest, he could barely breathe with his nose dug into it. So he only relied on his sense of hearing, as he could not see whomever had been approaching. Instinctively, his hands had rose to Phillips back, and gently layed there.

Y/N could feel himself being pulled in farther into Phillips arms, and found his face only being more crushed in his embrace. Phillip began to hold him tighter than he had the first time, almost as if he didn't want to let go. Y/N slightly twisted his head to lay his ear onto Phillips chest, and clung tighter as well. The footsteps abruptly came to a stop.

He could feel the slight breaths of Phillip raining down upon him, and then, Y/N had heard a dull thudding noise in the place he had layed his ear. It took him a second, but after he had processed it, he realized it was a heartbeat. Phillips heartbeat. It wasnt as if it truly mattered or anything, but for some reason.. listening to just the sound of his enemy's heartbeat made him feel oddly.. calm.

It wasn't just his heartbeat that was making him feel this way, in fact, the embrace was as well. He didn't think he had ever felt so relaxed before, so soothed, so.. safe. He was guessing it was probably because Phillip wasn't attempting to mess with him like he usually was, but this hug felt unusually.. calming. Like the calm waves of the ocean collapsing down onto a beaches sand.

He felt something fall upon his head, though it didn't hurt—and quickly, he had recognized it as Phillips own head laying upon his. Both of their breathing had slowed, and for a moment, they weren't really focused on the footsteps. This.. was safe. He felt safe. Y/N felt safe. They.. they both felt safe.

By the time they had been brought back to focus, the footsteps began to fade away, though they were rather quick. Whoever it was must have seen them for a brief moment before taking off, possibly to tell the other family members that Phillip was out of bed. Yet even as they had vanished, the two men hadn't let eachother go, they were like that for about a minute or so.

It was Phillip whom had broke the silent; "So.. you gonna let me go, or?.."

Y/N raised his head slowly from off of Phillips chest, though he hadn't taken his arms off of Phillip, only looking into his eyes of light blue. "Pardon me—it seems I had not been paying any attention. Now we.. now we shall only hope that this may prove to your father that we like eachother. Which we.. dont."

Phillip glanced around for a moment, "Uh-huh.." He said awkwardly with a nod of his head. They both still hadn't unwrapped their arms around the other, and only averted their gazes, and occasionally looked the other in the eyes. Y/N had finally pulled away after about 30 seconds, and left his arms crossed.

"Well.. now we can.. go back to your room. I suppose." Y/N had awkwardly said, his tone flat, and his eyes directed toward the floor. "Uh, sure, but.. are you just gonna carry me again, or?" Y/Ns head snapped toward Phillip upon him asking that question. "Of course. Why would I not be?" Phillip pouted in reply to his answer.

"Of course.."

"Do you wish to carry me back there?"

"'Course not, dumbass! You think I'm your servant or somethin'?"

"No, you would make a rather irritating one if you were, but believe me, the sound of you obeying me doesn't sound too bad."

Phillip began to loudly yell insult after insult, and Y/N only watched with no emotion, though he was holding back an amused smile. He.. he had wondered though. That hug.. why did it feel so nice? Why did it feel so relaxing in his enemy's arms? Perhaps it may have just.. it may have a possible logical explanation. Yes, a logical explanation.

Y/N would most likely have to conduct research in order to figure out the psychological reason of why he felt such a way even though he despised him.

————

"Y/N, come in."

Alexander had spoke those words, due to having called Y/N to his office. Y/N had arched a brow as he closed the door, and kept his hands held behind his back as he approached the desk of Alexander's office of which he had comfortably sat. "You asked to see me, sir?"

"Yes, i... I wanted to talk about you and Phillip." Alexander had stated, Y/Ns heart began to beat slightly in anticipation, could this have possibly been about what he nearly witnessed earlier? Y/N found himself wondering what would have happened if Alexander hadn't walked in, for some reason his heart seemed to thud louder at the thought and his cheeks flushed from possible anger.

"You see, i.. I saw you two in the closet earlier." The very words made Y/N freeze up even though he knew it was coming, "You two were.. hugging. What were you two doing in there? Why was.. why was my son out of his bed?" Suspicion was clear in his tone. Y/N averted his gaze, attempting to think of a possible excuse.

Y/N inhaled, and began to explain his rather made up explanation for why he had been in the closet with Phillip; "Your.. your son had practically begged to go in there for whatever reason, i declined it at first, but he seemed so insistent that I ended up sneaking him in there. My sincerest apologies for such mischief."

"..I see then." His tone was still suspicious, as he placed a document down on his table and looked around as if he were searching for something else to say. "What were you two doing earlier?" Alexander had questioned. "Did your son not explain it to you?" Y/N tilted his head, for a moment, he had genuinely been confused.

"No, no, he did, but.." Alexander then turned to face him, "you two weren't really having fun, right?"

"I—"

"I know when my son is lying, Y/N. What was going on in there?"

...

Y/N froze up, but kept his composure regardless, clinging nervously at the collar of his shirt; "I do not believe anything was happening before you had walked in, after all, he had merely been messing around as he had put it earlier. Do you suspect us of doing something else?"

"..no." Alexander denied, though the truth was obvious. "I.. If that's your answer, then I thank you for your patience, but.. I'd like to see Phillip too."

Y/N arched a brow, and only nodded. "Do you wish for me to tell him that you wish to see him?"

"...yes. I would. Well then.." Alexander paused, "..goodnight, Y/N."

"Goodnight, sir."

///////////////////////
E