66: A Cruel Confrontation.

"Agh!"

A yelp escaped Mary's pale lips—as the cold liquid splattered onto the chest-part of her dress and onto the sleeves that covered her shoulders. She flinched, barely able to process what just happened. Y/N's eyes widened, a soft slit of surprise slowly beginning to form deep within them. If his mind had metaphorically been a river—the waters within them surely would have gotten rougher by now.

Phillips lips drew back into a snarl as he gritted his teeth. And only then as Y/N noticed his hardened glare did he start to question if this whole plan was just a big mistake on Phillips end. "Ha—Hamil.. Phillip.." He uttered. He stammered, unsure of what to say. But it seemed no matter what he said, Phillips anger was too deafening for him to hear Y/Ns voice.

"Ugh!" Mary finally grunted. "What is your problem?!"

"What's my problem?!" Phillip asked harshly as he towered over her. "Maybe you should be askin' yourself that, you she-demon!"

Mary's lips then too began to draw back into a snarl, and she let out a whimper of disgust at the cold sensation that began to brush itself against what must have been her skin beneath her dress. "Nnnn.. now I'm gonna have to dry this when I get home!" She then glared at Phillip—taking a few harsh steps foward. "You.. just who in the hell do you think you are?! Deliberately going behind my back just to.. just to ruin my—!"

"Just to ruin your what? Ma'am, you already ruined the day of so many people! You hurt that worker at the resturant for no damn reason because things didn't go your way. You spilled a coffee on some innocent guy today because—and you—ugh! I can't even list all the things you've done. And you're actin' like I'm the problem?!" Phillip's tone became more raised as he angrily gesticulated with his hands. Y/N stood still—shocked at the sudden burst of the situation. It was beginning to seem that maybe..

Mary's glare hardened. "Why does someone like you even care?! I had no interest in you or that—that Burr to begin with! For being the son of a politician, you certainly aren't all that your family is cracked up to be!"

"You wanna bring my family into this?!" Phillip angrily asked—though before he could take a step foward, Y/N found himself walking toward the both of them, and shoving himself in between the both of them. He couldn't see Phillips face, but he could feel his hard glare slowly moving toward the back of Y/Ns head. And right before Y/Ns face, he could see Mary's eyes moving toward his face—glaring harder.

Even so, now wasn't the time to be focusing on that. "Ms—Ms. Swanson.. I do not believe you have a right to argue in this situation especially considering what you've down. And.. Hamilton." Y/N slowly turned his head to glance behind himself, looking at Phillip. Phillips freckled face had a deep snarl of a frown on it now, and his eyes remained hardened with anger—like a rough crashing wave of a Tsunami.

Y/N paused, and then spoke. "..Hamilton, I.. I believe further confrontation won't get us anywhere. We've fought enough. Fighting over a matter such as this is—"

"Is what?!" Phillip questioned loudly. "You wanna tell me it's stupid when we've already gotten this far?! Don't you remember what she did to that guy back at the—"

"Yes, yes. I remember! If I hadn't remembered such an event, we wouldn't be here now. In fact, if it weren't for that, we wouldn't have gone any further." Y/N argued back, raising his voice just barely as he lifted his arms in the case that Phillip would try to do anything physical, or in the case Mary would try to do something along those lines.

"Rrrghh.." Phillip growled out of anger. He then yelled furiously, "You're lucky I have enough decency not to anything more than.."

"More than what? Pranking me in petty fashions?" Mary asked—her voice sharpening. "I admit—for a man of such high standards and of such a high family, you are nothing near graceful or mature."