Chapter 40: Proof.

The door had opened, and physically, the two both immediately reacted—Phillip had retracted his hands off of Y/Ns arm and skin, and Y/N had quickly contorted his body upwards, in order to get less close to the man whom he had been in close proximity to moments ago. And as the figures face slowly peeked in, Y/N had only just slipped himself off of the bed Phillip had almost dragged him onto.

It was Alexander, he seemed rather chipper for a few seconds, though a glance of an emotion Y/N could not read had formed completely onto his expression. An arched brow, a sparkling glance of confusion—suspicion. Shit. He must have seen what sort of position they were in for a few seconds before Y/N had slipped off.

Incase he hadn't, Y/N ignored his ever-beating heart; "S—Sir," he internally cursed himself for stammering in his mind, "its—it's good to see you, erm.. do you need something from us, sir?"

Alexander's eyebrow had remained arched, and he then crossed his arms as he continued to look at the two men who had been having an argument about a mere minute ago. Phillip tried to force a grin, he didn't know why he felt so nervous under his father's suspicious glare.

"What were you two doing just now?" Alexander had asked.

Y/N struggled to find any sort of made-up explanation, or excuse; what would he do with himself if Alexander had found out this was but a result of Phillips constant teasing and messing around? Oh, he could not dream of having to stay any longer.

"We were, um.."

Y/N was then interrupted by the sound of Phillips boasting but soft voice.

"We—we were just messin' around, that's all, pops! Haha, hahah.." Phillip awkwardly laughed, a line of sweat was—no, several lines of sweat were visible on his clearly nervous and now-pale face. He had never looked so scared in his life—at least Y/N didn't think he had ever seemed so scared.

Alexander furrowed his brows, suspicion still clearly masked onto his normally calm but stern face. He took a few steps back, and said with a still suspicious glance; "Okay then.. well, I just wanted to check up on you two boys. I didn't mean to interrupt your.." Alexander observed them both closely for a moment, "...fun."

"That is alright, si—" Y/N was then interrupted by Phillip talking once again, he didn't even get to finish his sentence because of Phillips nervousness. "Thats alright, pops! You—you didn't mean to."

Alexander nodded his head slowly as he turned towards the door, "...uh-huh. Well, I'll.. see you boys later." Alexander's tone still sounded unsure and slow, as if he were observing their every movement. What exactly had he suspected? That they had been fighting? Surely, that must have been the case—or had it? If so, what else could he have possibly thought?

As soon as Alexander had left rather slowly, and closed the door, Phillip snarled in a voice so full of hatred one would shiver at its sound. "You motherfucker!" Y/N rolled his eyes, and left his arms crossed as he slowly approached the angry Phillip whom was still on his bed.

"Oh please, now is not the time to be blaming me for this—" Y/N had found himself being slightly pushed back by the freckled hands of his enemy whom had still sat.

"Dont you fuckin' touch me, you—yeah, its never your fault is it? Always my fault, always my fuckin' fault!" Phillips spite had visibly clung onto his words, his tone ripe with hatred. Y/N had tried to speak over his rambling, though Phillips hatred kept him going on and on.

"Hamilton—"

"Its always just me—"

"Hamilton—"

"Always my fau—"

"Phillip!"

Y/N had found that name being practically forced out of his mouth, and Phillip only flinched back from the shock—whether it was from how loud his voice had gotten or whether he had finally called him by his first name, Y/N did not know. But he only sighed, and was now only a few inches away from the bed once more right where he stood.

"Hamilton, we are going to have to prove that we like eachother once more—your father possibly suspects us of not liking eachother. And believe me, I do not want to be stuck here in this hellhole for any longer." Y/N explained, glaring down at the still-shocked man.

"You called me Phillip.." His voice was tinted with surprise, and shock trickled inside of his facial expressions, though Y/N only rolled his eyes and sighed once more. He leaned down, and forced his enemy closer by his collar, causing Phillip to make a slight grunting noise. "Okay, dude, what the fu—" "Shh, not right now."

"Listen to me, you are going to have to follow through with what I tell you—though we may have to pry into what your father has planned today in order for it to happen. After all, he must bare witness to.. well, this."

"Okay—okay, fine—just let—just fuckin' let me go, man!"

"..since you did not release me earlier, I will not."

Phillip grumbled in response, and Y/N only found himself holding back mischievous laughter. But he then stopped masking his quivering smile once he had found himself being pulled closer by his collar as well, now Phillip had been grabbing Y/N by his collar too. Phillip smirked as if he had done something, and Y/N rolled his eyes.

"Let us just get this over with."

————

"Se—seriously?! Why the hell do we have to be in the closet for this?!"

"I overheard one of your fathers conversations with your mother," Y/N said as he slowly took off his coat due to the sweat slightly dripping down his face, "he said he was going somewhere near this area, so I figured it would be best to execute our plan here."

"But you didn't even tell me what we have planned!"

"Quiet. I snuck you out of your bed for a reason—do not get me in trouble."

Phillip rolled his eyes.

"Show anymore of that attitude and I'm carrying you again. Either that, or I'll be making you carry me."

"What?!" Phillip exclaimed out of his own offense.

"Quiet." Y/N said once more, placing a finger on Phillips lips. "We just need to focus on the right timing of our embrace."

"We're gonna hug?! Again?! Hell nah, bro—" Phillip clicked his tongue, he seemed more offended with each word his enemy had spoke. "Why do you always do this to me?!"

"Do you want me out of here or not?"

"Yes, but—but why do you always do this?! Your always fuckin' requirin' me to get close to you, you always hug me for the sake of gettin' your ass out of here, its like you like more something!"

"Oh please, your being childish."

"No, I'm not! Your—"

Phillip continued to ramble on and on, but Y/Ns annoyed expression quickly turned to horror as he realized what he had heard from a distance. Footsteps, thudding footsteps. It was someone—had they noticed Phillip had been gone? Y/N was prepared to get into slight trouble for this, but anything was worth proving that he "liked" Phillip.

He made no attempt to shut the rambling man up, and ignoring his sharp yelp, he pulled Phillip close—and wrapped his arms around him as the footsteps gradually got closer.

Phillip had stopped talking. Completely.

And then, his arms slowly wrapped around Y/N as well.

///////////////
E