Chapter 57: Enchanting The Witches Coffee.

"Argh—!"

Y/N let out that single grunt the moment Phillip tightened his grip around his hand, and the moment the two of them finally managed to get closer to the single wall Phillip had led them to, Y/N felt his legs instinctively lower, forcing him into a crouching position. As he glanced upwards, he noticed Phillip, who looked to have slightly lowered himself as well—yet he was still towering over Y/N as he always did.

Y/Ns teeth grinded against eachother, and his lips drew back into a snarl. "Does whatever prank you're about to do involve more sneaking around as if we're in some sort of war?"

Phillip glanced down at him, and a single 'shh' left his lips. He whispered, "You're gonna get us caught with how loudly you're bitchin'!"

Phillip and Y/N then stared at Mary from behind the wall. She didn't look to be staring up from her table, and was still gazing at her fingers as if in thought. From a distance, she really did see, like an ordinary woman. Her appearance was deceptive, and deception were the very words that played at her tongue whenever it came to her father.

Y/N blinked, before asking in a more hushed tone, "..how exactly do you plan on enchanting her coffee with salt, Phillip?"

"..huh?"

"You grabbed salt and pepper whenever you were practically ransacking your own house, Phillip. I do not suffer from a lack of intelligence—I already knew what you had grabbed those items for."

"Then why'd you keep askin' what I was doin' the entire time?"

"I wasn't exactly certain if that was what you were going to do until you grabbed the bucket. By the time the realization had beared itself upon me, I held the knowledge of what you were most likely going to do."

"Took you that long to realize, huh? Makes me kinda feel like you aren't that smart after all—"

"Quiet. I need not your mockery—I only need to hear what it is you plan on doing in order to get that salt into the liquid of her mug." Y/N glanced back at Mary, staring intently at her. "If you directly walk up to her table if she's still looking and try to do it then, she will notice."

"Yeah, no shit.." Phillip rolled his eyes.

Y/N went quiet for a moment. "..well, what exactly do you intend on doing, Phillip? In order to distract her so you can go through with this, that is." Y/N looked back up at Phillip, "Are you going to wait until she goes off to speak with someone, Phillip? She might not ever speak with someone with how little companions she actually has."

Phillip went silent for a moment, his light-blue eyes becoming fixed upon Mary, focusing. He then finally blinked, and a smirk made its way onto Phillips lips. "Say.. I think I kinda do know what we could do."

"..and what would that be?"

"Why not have one of us go up and talk to her, and lead her off somewhere so the other can get the salt in her coffee? After all, we might have a better chance of doin' somethin' like that than just waiting around for someone to go talk to her."

Y/N arched a brow, and then in his usual calm yet icy tone, he said: "What excuse do you exactly intend on using so you can lead her off?"

"Never said it would be me who'd lead her off." Phillip shrugged.

"..."

Y/N finally seemed to comprehend what Phillip had meant by this, and from out of his mouth, a sigh came. His eyelids lowered, he hissed quietly, "Either you suffer from a lack of intelligence, or you are going mad. If you do intend on it being me who leads her away, why have you not just given me an excuse to use so I could lead her off?"