Chapter 29: Too Close For Comfort.

Y/N Burr, the enemy of Phillip Hamilton, had saved.. Phillip Hamilton. He saved him. His own enemy had saved him! The enemy he had tried to duel so many times had saved his life, had saved him from possibly leaving the world too soon.

Phillips eyes of light blue were laced with shock—surprise at what his enemy had done for him! Why? Surely he would have left him out there, to be beaten to death. How did he even make it in time?! Did he find him after he had been beaten, or did he fend off the attackers?

"Where—" Philip coughed, "Where is he?.."

"Your father is currently patching him up, he was—he was injured in the process of saving you," His mother averted her gaze, "but he should be fine! None of the injuries are permanent and can be healed easily."

He.. he had even gotten injured for him.

Phillip could only wonder where his enemy had been right now.

————

Alexander wrapped the bandage around Y/Ns wrist carefully, and only said nothing, concentrating on the injury the man had been dealt in the process of protecting Alexander's son. A small bandage on the left side of his nose, a bandage on his right cheek. It hadn't been a big deal to him of course, after all in the process of getting these injuries, he had saved a man from near death.

He had wondered what the man would think when he had saw him again, what he would do when he learnt of what he had done. Could he even tell him what he did? He could feel his face slightly flush, in the possibility of him doing something so.. nice for his enemy.

Y/N paused, and looked up at the older man who had bandaged him so. "I.. apologize for bringing your son in such a state, and I deeply apologize for the worry I had brought you all. I was.. merely worried at why he was going out at such an hour."

"No, no, there's no need to apologize." Alexander softly said, "I—I just need to figure out who the bastards who—who did this to my son are. You—You said that they ran off before you could deal them anymore injuries, right?"

"Yes, correct." Y/N replied. "I'd assume they had ran either out of.. possible fear or maybe they just didn't want to get anymore dirt on their hands. In any case, I shall not let this happen to your son again. Shall I be of the responsibility for his care?"

"Once again, there's no need to say your sorry—" Alexander sighed as he finished bandaging the wound on Y/Ns wrist, "All that matters is that your both alive. But what matters more is that those bastards are free—I'll pick up a pen and let the whole world know about this, they'll see what I can do to them, those bastards—"

"S—Sir, I shall assure you that even if you do not do such a thing, they shall be found out. Men who jump other men late at night do not go free for long, we must find out who they are before taking any action—" Y/N was then cut off by sudden words from Alexander, toned with desperation.

"How do you know they'll be found out?!" Alexander cried, "Y/N, I cannot let such men go free for long. Phillip—my son, he was injured! And they injured you too, even if you managed to make it out! Do you realize how much you both matter?! Do you realize how much you matter?!"

...

Y/N did not know if he could answer such a question.

————

"Its.. you."

Those were the small, yet awkward words Y/N had heard once he had stepped inside of Phillips bedroom. The source of such a masculine yet weak voice was Phillip himself, laying upon his bed, covered in bandages from presumably his mother and his father. Some injuries had not yet been covered though.