Chapter 30: A Burning Flame of Spite.

Eliza had walked in, a bowl of soup in her hand and her other hand on the door handle—her dark eyes swirled, and for a moment she glared right into Y/Ns eyes of deep/light/dark e/c. Though before Phillip Hamilton could panic, Y/N had twisted his head upwards, and stared right into the eyes of Eliza Hamilton as if he werent inches away from Phillips face moments ago.

"Mrs. Hamilton," Y/N began, "you have finished the soup, if I am correct in assuming so."

"Yes, yes dear—I've finished it—" Eliza quickly panted as if she had been running an entire marathon. Was she really in that much of a hurry to make her son soup of all things? Y/N could only assume it was the stress of her son getting attacked.

"May I see my son?" Eliza gently asked.

"You may—I was planning on preparing myself a quick snack before I had brought myself to sleep. So I shall be excusing myself from this room. I deeply apologize for the state I had brought your son back in." Y/N softly apologized as he stood up in his chair, and began to walk towards the door as Eliza took a few steps to the left.

"No, no, it's fine; it's not your fault that he was attacked." Eliza reassured, "I will have to have a firm talk about him not going out at night again." Phillip felt himself slightly gulp, his mother could be slightly intimidating when she gave a lecture or scolding.

"I would hope so, it is really dangerous to go out for a walk when the moon has come up." Y/N replied, but then he turned to face Phillip whom had still been laying upon his bed. "I shall be seeing you when I come back.. Phillip."

"You too." Phillip said back in a choked voice, silence filled the room as Y/N only quickly closed the door, and vanished behind the brown barrier. Phillip could hear his rather soft footsteps approaching towards the kitchen-area of the house. Even in a house where you could be heard so easily, he was so quiet.

Phillip slightly lifted himself, preparing for a lecture and the warm bowl of soup his mother had prepared for him. Yet he couldn't help but ponder; why had his enemy gotten so close to him as he displayed his reasons for saving him? Why did he care so much even though Phillip was his enemy?

He cared not for his reasons. For now, he needed something to fill the agony in his throat, to make it vanish into ashes. He could be forced to speak with Y/N later on—though he much rathered playing dress up with his younger siblings than being in his company. Or maybe he didn't hate him that much—he'd at least rather eat cereal without milk than being with him.

He could only sigh, and wonder what strange words Y/N would bring to him once they saw eachother before bed.

————

"Your back."

Phillip had breathed those words, he had been sitting up now, though his head hurt him so. His mother bandaged the wounds that hadn't been bandaged just yet—so now, the pain was less felt, and he only felt a slight pressure inside of the areas of his injuries. Y/N stood in the doorframe, somehow—he had managed to get his pajamas on.

"Do you insist on pointing all the obvious things out, or do you only do so to irritate me?" Y/N gently asked in his blank stone, his words sharp like shards of cold ice. His figure made his way to his makeshift bed—the dim candlelight glowing upon him.

Phillip sighed as he only observed Y/N sitting himself into his bed, "Why do you read so much?"

"I do not see the reason for such a question. If you would like to gain proper knowledge about the world, the only solution is to read, correct?" Y/N had answered, honest confusion on his face, though his emotionless voice did not exactly match his expression.

"Yeah, but.." Phillip could not find the proper words, and had only buried his face partially into his blanket-covered legs. Y/N was a mystery to him, a mystery he could not solve, filled with such unending clues and set-ups. Like a detective attempting to solve a well-put-together murder, he became frustrated.

He could feel Y/Ns gaze upon him, though he only buried his face deeper into his legs due to it. He had always noticed the odd way Y/N had stared at him; emotionless, unmoving, rarely blinking. It was hard to make eye contact with such an odd method of staring coming from the other.

"Do you think i'm always tryin' to annoy you?" Phillip asked, his tone still sounding sickly and choked.

"..from the way you behave sometimes, yes, that is what I believe. What other reason could you exist for? Other than to be the bane of my existence." Y/N wrapped his arms around his knees, though he did not break his gaze. Phillip groaned further.

"If I'm the bane of your existence, why did you save me?" For a moment, Y/N had blinked, even though he had rarely done such a thing at his enemy—yet still, his face remained stone-cold, like a statue in a Church.

"I have the decency of a normal human being, though you are most irritating, you do not deserve to be a victim of physical assault. Would you leave me to rot had I been the one who had been assaulted?" Y/N inquired, tilting his head.

Phillip did not answer.

Y/N sighed, "That better not be a refusal. Otherwise, I might really leave you to die next time."

"I don't get you, man," Phillip gestured with his hand as he slightly lifted his head, "why are you like this?! I get—its—I've never met anyone so stone-cold and—and weird before. Your—your a real freak, man."

"Immature insults, even though I saved you. Shall I add that to my list of reasons of why I despise you so?" Asked Y/N.

Phillip did not respond to that either.

"..are you feeling alright?" Y/N had asked, the question seemingly coming out of no where.

"Yeah," Phillip said with a turn of his head, "why would I not be?"

"You normally care enough to give a decent or immature retort, why do you ignore me so?" Phillip did not answer that either, and only continued to stare down at his legs and grumble. Y/Ns face flickered for a second—flickered with an emotion Phillip did not see long enough in order to decipher.

"If.. if you are.. if something else had happened besides the assault, you shall feel free to tell me of what had happened. I shall listen before I let myself succumb to slumber." Y/N had offered, though no emotion showed in his face, only slightly furrowing his brows.

"I don't need to tell you anything," Phillip denied as if he were some spoiled brat, "just— just stop talking to me."

Silence filled the air for a moment, and then Y/N had sighed, though it sounded more genuine with frustration and softness this time. "Fine, but do not bother to wake me if you do decide to tell me whatever you seem so troubled about. I wish you a pleasant night, do not wake me."

Y/N had slowly shifted in the darkness of the room, his figure lit by the candle. Phillip sat there for a moment, thinking of what Y/N had said to him as he himself shifted down into the cushions of his bed. Those words; they stung, yet clung to him like leeches sucking off of a humans blood.

He wondered if his hatred that had been long-burning would continue to burn as it would now, even if Phillip had been saved by him. Even if Y/N saved him.

Phillip only rolled his eyes, and blew out the candle that was once dimming the room, letting the room fade to pitch-black.

////////////////
E