Chapter 23: The Embrace

"What?!"

"..I know it may come as a shock to some, but I don't believe embracing me in public is that much of a problem. You did not seem to think of it as that big of a deal the moment we embraced in front of your father." Y/N calmly replied, his arms crossed and himself leaned back in his chair.

"Yeah, but— but this is different!" Phillip whined with a large gesture and thrash of his hand, "Your gonna make me do that in front of multiple people, possibly even my friends! Imagine what all my girls are going to think."

"Do you wish for me to be inside of your house any longer or not?" Y/N asked, his voice growing impatient. "Of course not, you think I wanna be stuck with a moron like you any longer?!" Phillip complained, slightly slamming his hand on the table, making the mugs slightly bounce a few inches.

"No, you've made that known enough. And unless you'd like me to stay five years, you'd better keep it down. This is a public area after all." Y/N reminded, a twinkle of slight embarrassment in his face, a tremor of light blushing fading into his cheeks.

Phillip opened his mouth as if to say something, but quickly sunk back into his seat, and grumbled.

"Listen, if you would like me to leave out of your house, we are going to have to do a better job at this." Y/N sighed with a hand on his face, "If you wish me gone, then you shall listen to what I have to say."

"Why do I always have to listen to what you say?" Phillip asked with a hint of whining inside of his tone.

"You suck at planning, and you know it," Phillip clicked his tongue at Y/Ns response, "now are you going to let me continue with what I must say or do you intend on interrupting me further?"

"Fine," Phillip groaned, "go on and tell me, Your Majesty."

"Do not steal the nickname I gave you, unless you'd like me to call you a clone of myself." Y/N replied, "Now, after we embrace one another in the public eye, we shall bring forth the next act of my plan. The next day, we must hold hands as we walk."

"Oh, come on!" Phillip complained, but Y/N quickly shushed him.

"I have no time for your complaining, so you best not waste my time with your whining. We shall also have to be seen 'bonding' with eachother by the public, as to convince them further. So now, I must ask; how many books do you have?" Y/N questioned, leaning foward slightly.

Phillip paused, looking puzzled at the question. And then he looked down at his lap, as if in thought. "Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf.." He whispered those words to himself, making Y/N slightly raise a brow. "What language are you speaking to yourself to?" He asked.

"French," Phillip answered, "why?"

"..why are you counting to yourself in French?" Y/N asked, even more puzzled.

"I don't see why I cant." Phillip shrugged.

"..alright, that is a fair answer, however; that will be noted as one of the other strange things you do for the sake of either amusing yourself or doing it without reason." Y/N rolled his eyes, sighing as he leaned foward in his chair even more so.

"Hey—wait, you take notes on me?" Phillip looked puzzled once more, as he left his arms crossed. "No, only mental ones for when I have to speak to you. Why did you sound almost as if you were flattered for a moment? Might you be in love with me as well, with your strange behaviors?" Y/N said, a hint of heavy exhaustion and sarcasm in his tone.

"Maybe I am, Y/N," Phillip smirked, "maybe I am."

—————

"Right now?! But—but—"

"Do not whine, this shall only last a quick moment." Y/N assured, he then pressed his finger over Phillips lips; "Do not argue with me any further, unless you wish for my stay to be extended even longer. If we are seen publicly arguing with eachother again and the word gets to your parents, what else could happen?"

"But—but we're in the middle of a fuckin' street!" Phillip whispered, they were both standing underneath the light blue sky now, on the gray sheet of streets that they had both been standing in. It had not been a crowded street, luckily, however they were right next to one.

"I do not see the problem with that." Y/N calmly stated, "Is His Majesty allergic to streets now? Oh, I dearly apologize, good sir—do you wish for me to lay out a red carpet to make it all better for you? Your feet must not want to touch the filthy footprints of the commoners."

"I—shut up, man! That's not what I'm worried about." Phillip whined in a soft tone, "If someone fuckin' hears this, then were fucked! You know that there's people out there who hate my Pops."

"And the majority does not, so he shall be fine." Y/N bluntly stated.

"What about you?!"

"..I beg your pardon?"

"There's people who—who despise you, just like I do! They might use this to tell my Pops so he'll end up extending your stay even longer." Phillip voiced his concerns with heavy gestures, attempting to whisper even at such a high state of emotion.

"In all my years of being on this earth, I had not expected Phillip Hamilton to be worried for me." Y/N taunted, though he did not break his emotionless glance.

"I'm not worried for you, dumbass! I'm worried about having to stay with you even longer!" Phillip whined as if he were some seven year old child.

"Of course I knew that," Y/N rolled his eyes, "just—come over here already."

"No—no, I'm not fuckin—" Phillip raised his voice as Y/N extended his arms out for him, and he heavily breathed, his shoulders rising and falling harshly. His light blue eyes of oceans roared with anger, with spite, with sheer hatred. Y/N could only wondered what it was going to take to get this man to do what he wanted.

...

He pulled Phillip toward him, and forcefully wrapped his arms around his upper torso in a tight embrace, binding him as if he were a prisoner locked onto a chain. "A—Agh, what the fu—" "Shh. For your benefit, and for mine, please kindly shut up for once, would you?"

As Y/N whispered that into his ear, he saw in the limited vision he had from leaning his head upon the crook of Phillips neck the glances of people watching. Some gasped, some did not bother paying attention, and some only watched.

"For as long as I may hug you, you shall not move a muscle. If you see any women and dart off," Y/N got closer to his ear, "I will ensure that an "intelligent" and well known man such as yourself does not walk these streets again."

Reluctantly, he felt Phillips arm rise up, and land on his back. Phillips hands tugged at his shirt, and he quickly found himself being pulled closer. Though he did not seem surprised, and only continued to hug back.

He thought for a moment, and then buried his face into the crook of Phillips neck, feeling the gazes of the people watching him. He could have sworn he heard someone "Aww!" at the mere sight that was oh so rare.

Y/N finally pulled away, and Phillip removed his hands—though Y/N did not remove his just yet. In a low voice, he whispered; "There, that wasn't so bad now, was it?" Phillip looked almost as if he had heard the most embarrassing thing in his life, he cringed at those words.

"If anything, I'd say that was the worst thing I had to do in my life."

"Retort noted, and returned."

"What the hell does—"

"I will not ever answer that question, now stop asking it."

/////////////////////////
E