Chapter 49: A Surprising Event Between Two Men.

The duo of enemies had already left the resturant that they had been dining outside of, Phillip had been following behind a furious Y/N—whom had been clenching his fists as they had both been walking and walking along the streets of New York City, sunshine glimmering down upon them—and twisting the scent of the place into that of a rancid summer. The smell of baked goods and cooked foods had managed to overpower it though—leaving no trace of sweat to be smelt.

Phillip had been grinning smugly from behind Y/N, only continuing to talk Y/Ns ear off the entire time he followed behind. The feeling of the slight sweat clinging onto Y/Ns skin, the feeling of the tendrils of his hair sticking to the back of his warm skin, the overbearing feeling of his coat and undershirt. It had all been so overwhelming, and Phillips loud yet boasting voice hadn't exactly been helping. Y/N hadn't been clinging to Phillips arm this time, as he was too furious with him to even touch him. Phillip, however, did not say anything even so.

Had he not noticed? It was so clear from the euphoric grin on his face, and the series of giggles that had been slipping out of his lips as he continued to follow—that he had clearly been focused on what he had tricked Y/N into confessing. Oh, how Y/N despised him so. He hadn't hated him as much as he had as of now—or had at least been as irritated as he had as of now.

"So, you don't find me as annoying as you say you do, huh?"

"Irritating. You could at least get the word right before messing with me."

"Sheesh, didn't know you were a dictionary, sorry."

Phillip had only continued to tease him with that hideous grin, with that smug grin—with that grin he lured women in with, with that grin he had shown his family and not Y/N. Had anyone besides John and himself not seen past his happy perfect facade? He played the part rather convincingly, acting as if he wasn't some sort of nuisance.

"You know—I didn't know you didn't find me annoying—I'm almost surprised someone like you can have emotions."

"Quiet."

"I say, isn't that a foreign concept for you? Feelin' things, anyway. Maybe my dad's plan ended up workin' after all."

"Quiet.."

"You know, I hate to break it to you—but I still hate you, man. Maybe you ain't as smart as you make yourself out to be—it'd be a shame if i told your pops, maybe he'd be dissapointed in you for even feelin' somethin'—"

"Phillip!"

A loud shriek erupted from Y/Ns lips, he had uttered Phillips name, roughly—twisting his body around to face Phillip. Phillip had flinched back slightly in his own surprise, holding his hands up defensively—how many times were they going to do this dance? Y/N took a long step foward, inching himself closer to Phillip on purpose. Had it been to intimidate him? He himself didn't exactly know how this would install fear into the freckled man.

Y/N only sharpy gestured his hand, and placed one of his slender fingers onto Phillips chest—repeatedly hitting it against the surface of Phillips upper torso, he leaned his head in—and had began to growl in a low voice he would never once utter. "I cannot believe you cannot listen to a simple request—I say, have you gone deaf?! Do you perhaps need me to say it louder for you?! Do you perhaps need for me to yell it in your face?!"

"Nah, man—'course I dont—I dont want you to get your fuckin' spit all over me."

"What I am asking for you to do—" Y/N had then leaned his face closer, "—is to shut up! You never once stop talking, so why not do everyone a favor, and be quiet for once?! It isn't as if anyone wants to actually hear you anyway."

Phillip clicked his tongue, and leaned close; "It isn't as if anyone wants to hear you!"

"Believe me, I'd believe them to rather hear me over you anyway, with your sickening attitude and your self-righteous behavior. It's almost as if your oblivious to your own irritating personality. Would you like for me to behave the same way as you so I can spell it out for you properly?!"

"It'd be better than how you normally are."

"Excuse me—are you implying that you of all people are—"

"Great, it's you."

A voice Y/N had dreaded deeply had erupted from the side of them both—Y/N let his body go backwards, in order to stare at the possessor of the voice, though of course, he knew who it was. Light blue eyes, platinum blonde hair, ruby red lips. It had been Mary Swanson—a woman whom he had met plenty of times before, and like Phillip, he had despised her so.

Her voice was as sweet as honey when it came to any person whom she did not seem annoyed by, but when it came to Y/N, her voice would become low and shallow with passive aggression. He hadn't the faintest idea of why she had hated him.

She'd smile her sickening smile—her pale body hidden by her deep pink dress, her corset had hidden away the hole in her heart, at least Y/N would assume it too. It would explain her rotten behavior towards people, especially those she hated.

"Um.." Phillip cleared his throat, "hello, miss, I've never seen you 'round here befo—"

"I'm glad you haven't, otherwise, I'd have to hear your annoying voice sooner. Now shut up—I can't stand to deal with two annoying men at once."

Y/N had eyed Phillips face, and noticed that his once genuine grin had been replaced with that of false politeness, he looked as if he had been inches away from yelling at the woman already. Ah, he had fallen under Mary's effect of making people want to yell at her—at last. Y/N did not dare bare his eye at Phillip for another second though, and only looked at Mary once more.

"What are you here for, Mary?"

"I could ask you the same thing, scoundrel. Why are you and this baboon in front of a boutique?" Y/N had only realized what they both had been standing in front of the moment she had gestured toward it, "Are you perhaps planning on get that splash of color that you so desperately need? It could do some good for your normally depressing personality."

"I.. sincerely applaud you, for such a well-crafted insult. But no, I have not. If you do not wish to speak to either of us, then why not just head where you need to be already? If I am such a burden, and if he is such a burden, then could you not just ignore us both?"

"Please. You know how well I like tormenting you." Mary only gave a smug grin, placing her hands upon her hips. Y/N rolled his eyes, crossing his arms and fixing his posture; "I believe I do—after all, a gentle and kind lady would have not ripped up all 23 of my assigned essays right in front of me simply because I did not apologize for walking in the same direction as you."

Mary had scoffed, though Phillip had only uttered a simple yet puzzled; "Wait, what?.."

"Whatever, I have more better things to do than hang around you two disgraces."

"But you just—"

"Shut up. Not another word out of you."

Mary had then shoved herself between the two of them, shoving herself inside of the doors of the boutique. Phillip and Y/N both stood at eachothers side, watching her figure slowly fade into the building. Phillip clenched his fists, and loudly yelled; "Well, fuck you too! What's your problem?!"

"Please, it isn't as if she can hear you, Phillip." Y/N sighed, "I take it that this is your first time meeting her? She's Mary Swanson. I had the unfortunate occasion of meeting her during my fourth month at the college we both attended. Those who have met her usually fall under the effect of pure hatred anytime they see her—though it is best to not respond with aggression anytime you do encounter her. It only provokes possible outbursts, and you do not want to deal with those."

"Have you?"

"Have I what?"

"Dealt with.. those."

"..yes, but I do not wish to speak of it."

The two men sat in silence for a brief moment.

"You know," Phillip began, "even though I just met her, I already hate her."

"..do you?"

"Yep.. isn't that what I just said?"

"..well, you'd be surprised to know that I actually agree with you. She is quite the irritating lady."

"Wait.. your.. agreeing with me?"

"Unfortunately.. yes, I am."

////////////////////////
E