70: A Return to The Hamiltons House.

"Par—Pardon me? You're saying that necklace is yours.. well your relatives?"

"..yes. I believe I am, sir."

Y/N flatly replied as he held up the necklace in his hands—his eyes remaining calm like a gentle, oddly quiet waterfall. Mr. Swanson arched a brow, placing a hand under his chin and leaning foward curiously.

"Are—you certain? I believe that necklace to be something my daughter purchased herself."

"A necklace she purchased herself? The last I knew, she had borrowed it from me so she could wear it for a few days. Did she tell you it was her own?"

"I.. well, yes. I sort of only assumed so because she returned home with it in her hands one day." Mr. Swanson shrugged, and then let a sigh escape his mouth, "..apologies. I hadn't known it was yours. If I knew, I would have reminded her to give it to you sooner."

"No need to apologize." Y/N calmly responded, slipping the necklace inside of his pocket. "I retrieved what I needed, so I may go now. You can feel free to return to whatever you were doing before I came here now."

He then spun on his heel, and began to make his way rather quickly to the giant entrance of the house—but stopped when Mr. Swanson spoke in his deep, mature voice yet again.

"Y—Y/N, are you sure? I believe it's going to start—"

A slightly loud rumble echoed from outside.

Mr. Swanson shuddered. "..raining soon." He sighed. "I can let you stay here a little longer until it passes if you would like me to. I have no trouble letting you stay here if it means you won't potentially make yourself ill."

"There's no need for that." Y/N replied, turning his head away. "I'll hurry back to where I'm staying as fast as I can. Fret not, sir."

"You're.. are you really sure?"

"Yes. I believe I am."

"Well.. I.." Mr. Swanson hesitated. "..if you say so, dear Y/N. I'll open the door for you on your way out now. Come along."

Y/N muttered a simple 'thanks' toward the man as he then began to continue making his way to the door. Once he finally stood before the gigantic door that loomed above him, he heard the rumble of thunder again. His body stiffened slightly—before Mr. Swanson then gripped the doorknob to the entrance, and slowly opened it.

Humid air blew against his face as he then opened it reluctantly with a creak. He began to see the sight of droplets slowly flying from in the air and onto the stone ground of the path that led to the door. Y/N paused, before glancing in Mr. Swanson direction.

"Here.. best be on your way now."

"Thank you, sir."

Y/N took a step outside, letting out a simple exhale, before turning his head toward Mr. Swanson one last time. With a frown on his face he stared, and then uttered the gentleman's name. "..Mr. Swanson."

"..yes, Y/N?"

"Don't fret so much about the money you lost. I am sure you will get it back soon—one way or another."

"Ah.. uh.. thank you, Y/N. Until we.. see eachother again, I suppose."

"Yes.." Y/N said, finally turning away from the man. "Until we meet again."

————

"There you are!"

Eliza cried from the interior of the house once she opened the door, having answered the door once she heard someone knocking on it. Y/N stood upon the doorstep—shallow breaths escaping his mouth. He had to admit, he had ran a lot more than he thought he would have today.