Chapter 56: A Natural Charmer.

"Hey—hey, ladies!"

Phillip uttered that with a single swift breath as he approached the two ladies standing beside the building. Y/N felt himself giving out a grunt yet again as Phillip quickly pulled his arm foward, once again being dragged like a dead corpse within a trash bag. The two ladies eyes drew toward Phillip once they noticed him, staring for a moment, before a smile curled itself upon their lips, as if in that particular moment they only finally processed that it was him.

"Oh, hey, Phillip!" One of them said—her light blue eyes twinkling with that of euphoria, her light brown skin luminous within the sun's glow. Phillip gave a sigh, and inquired with a friendly smile that replaced the smirk upon his soft pink lips, "Can we talk for a sec? I need to know where someone is."

The other one blinked, her dark brown almost chocolate-resembling eyes shimmering. "Why, of course, Phillip.." Y/N stared, staying silent from behind Phillip, for he saw no point in conversing if he wasn't the one being spoken to. Though after a few seconds, the more he stared into the ladies eyes, he blinked—and realized she had been staring at him.

"..how come Y/N is with you?" She inquired, her tone holding a sense of irritation once she realized it was him. Y/N could feel his eyes rolling a little within their sockets on their own, his lips still curled into a frown. Y/N could feel Phillips gaze slowly lay upon him, before Phillips voice spoke again—"He's just comin' with me today. It's kind of important."

Most likely, Phillip had only said this so he wouldn't have to hear himself utter the shameful falsehood that they had been companions. Such pettiness, yet alas, Y/N himself felt as if he would have given into such hatred despite his normally calm behavior. Or perhaps he would not. Once again, he himself was an enigma that he truly did not understand.

"Well, what is it? You won't have to be with him for too long, will you? I'd like to be able to spend some time with you again." The lady with the blue eyes asked, speaking in a softer tone as she stared up at him. She almost sounded as if she were whining. It was the same way Phillip himself had whined whenever he had been pleading for Y/N to allow him to get two steaks just for himself to consume.

Instinctively, Y/N felt himself glance away, irritation in his dark pupils. He despised that people could share such an irritating trait of mannerisms, so much so that his face began to flush a deep red out of anger.

Of course, the conversation continued. "We will, we will—I just need to know where a certain gal is. Ya know Mary Swanson, don't you?" Asked Phillip. The lady with blue eyes blinked for a moment, before replying with visible confusion, "..yeah, I do. I saw her turn around a corner on the street a few minutes ago. With how her normal routine is, I think she's probably goin' to that coffee shop."

That coffee shop? Y/N internally wondered if it had been the same one he had always attended. "Well, I'll go visit her then. Thanks for the help, ladies!" With the way Phillip spoke, he almost made it sound as if he were about to turn on the street and make his way to go find Mary—but he didn't turn. Instead, a smirk crept it's way onto his lips.

"Say, y'all look pretty good in those dresses of yours—when I'm done with my business, why don't we take all this to my house and strip you of your corsets?"

Phillip uttered that with the smoothness of butter laced within his voice. Y/N furrowed his brows, his eyes widening at the sheer audacity Phillip had to use his flirtatious wits right then and there when they had so many other things to do, but he was interrupted by the squealing that then erupted from the two women.

"Ohhh!" The one with blue eyes gasped, clasping her hands together.

"..o—okay." The one with the darker eyes muttered in a shy breath.

Y/N blinked, his lips still curled into a frown. For what reason did such a sentence make them give such a reaction?

He didn't have enough time to ponder that, for Phillip grasped his arm, and pulled him foward yet again. And the squealing from the women became fainter as they turned a corner on the street.

————

"Did you have to use your skills in flirtation right at this very instant, Phillip?"

"What can I say? I'm a natural charmer."

Phillip replied with that, a smirk still on his lips as they both made their way through a single crowd upon the street yet again. There were a few ladies who stared upon seeing Phillip, red flushing onto their faces. Y/N could have sworn he heard a few of them trying to greet Phillip once they saw him—but alas, Phillip was too caught up in what they were about to do to seemingly notice.

"Well.. I'd bestow the title of you being a natural-born moron—considering your lack of regular intelligence. Those who rather use their wits than logic aren't always the smartest, you know.." Y/N spoke.

Phillip didn't seem to reply to this, either not hearing Y/N, or ignoring him.

Once Phillip led Y/N from out of the crowd, he stopped in his tracks yet again. "Okay.. all we gotta do is find the coffee shop, and—" Phillip paused, "—oh, there it is."

Y/N looked in the direction Phillip appeared to be staring in, though his eyes widened with slight dread once he realized what it was. It was in fact the coffee shop—but.. it was the same building he always went to for his regular coffee consumption. The same light brown walls, the same sign, the same tables that were outside for those who preferred not to drink within the interior.

Y/N sighed. "..I suppose if I don't desire to speak with Mary more than I've already have, it's best if I find another place to get coffee.." He thought.

"Yes, it would appear to be the coffee shop that you always conveniently show up in just so you can enchant my coffee with salt.." Y/N spoke, his tone calm and icy.

"Hey—save that sass and those unnecessary words, bitch. We're tryin' to get revenge on a she-demon here." Phillip replied with a quick glance, before staring at the coffee shop again.

After a bit of brief silence, "..well, is she here then? I do not think we can carry out this plan if Mary isn't here. She might have already exited the place a while ago."

Phillip didn't respond for a moment. Phillips head then slowly raised up, as if he noticed something in the distance. Y/N took a step to the side, trying to see what it was his enemy might have seen. And of course, with a proper view, he saw what it was.

It was Mary Swanson herself, sitting at a table in front of the building with a mug of coffee right in front of her. She looked to be staring down at her pale hands, seemingly either admiring herself or seeming in thought about something.

Phillip looked over at Y/N, who's eyes seemed fixed upon her. Y/Ns eyes were wide, as if a vassal of horror stood right before him, threatening enough to obliterate everything he saw as important within his life. Phillip opened his mouth to speak, before stopping, his mouth shutting again. Most likely, he had been about to point out Mary, before realizing Y/N must have known she was there.

"Alright.. quit starin' at her, man. No time for that. Let's go!" Phillip whispered—and before Y/N could respond, he felt his arm being jerked upon yet again, and he was led toward the table where Mary Swanson herself was seated. Or rather, as they treaded closer, Y/N realized—he was led toward the building, behind a single wall.

//////////////////
E