Chapter 60: Theodosia.

"Theodosia!"

That name uttered from the tip of Y/Ns tongue automatically, a name he commonly used in his own household-yet the name 'Theo' did not let itself slip out of his tongue. Instead, he let the full syllables of his sisters true name slip out, not wanting his enemy to bare witness to him calling his sister by a simple nickname. After all, Phillip Hamilton would tease him for anything-and everything, even the smallest detail.

And once that name had slipped out of his mouth, the two pairs of chocolate brown eyes with long lashes sprouting out from above them turned to face him-the wind lashed lightly against Y/Ns hearing, and he heard Phillip's breathing from behind him, yet no matter what Phillip said, Y/N thought he should not respond-and would not respond.

Theodosia blinked. Y/Ns feet slammed on the gray street from beneath him, and the more he approached, the closer his sisters wistful gaze got. A smile beared itself upon his lips-and in return, a smile beared itself upon the lips of his sister. It was as if a flame of recognition had been lit the moment they stared into the others eyes. That wistful gaze Y/N could recognize anywhere-that blank gaze Theodosia could recognize anywhere.

The same gaze they always saw the other give-the same smile, the same voice. Indeed, they were siblings, able to tell who the other was, for their blood bonded them so.

"Y/N!" Theodosia uttered once Y/N finally approached, his shoulders heaving foward. Phillip cursed under his breath from behind him, Y/Ns slightly pespiration-coated hand releasing off of Phillip's silk sleeve. Theodosia stepped foward, and Y/N heavily breathed, yet despite the exhaustion quivering within his muscles, his smile remained as his head shot up to look at his sister.

"Oh, Theodosia.. I-my goodness, I apologize-" The words came out of Y/Ns lips as he stepped foward as well, the smile on his face unchanging. "I've been so caught up in the situation I'm in that I've always forgotten to attempt to contact you! Had I not been so distracted, I certainly would have attempted to.."

The doting smile remained on his sisters lips-and she replied, "Oh, no-no, that's okay! I should have tried talking to you too.. I've been so busy with some of my education that I've forgotten to try and contact you as well."

"No, Theodosia.. the education you receive certainly matters a lot more than me. If it is for your own benefit, certainly, you have an excuse. Yet I do not-for I have only spent my time going on my usual outings and residing with the ones my father sent me away to live with." Y/N shook his head, his breathing becoming fainter.

By now, it was as if Phillip being present didn't matter anymore. And the eager yet formal question escaped Y/N's mouth-"However have you been? How's your education going?"

In response, Theodosia smiled, still towering over her dear little brother who she held so dearly. "Its been going fine.. I've been managing to improve in the mathematics class! And with biology as well." She then inquired, "How've you been?"

"I've.. oh, my well-being is no concern." Y/N uttered, "Had I told you the whole story, it would be way too long for you to sit through."

"It wouldn't be, Y/N. All that matters to me is how you're doing."

Y/N was about to answer, the two siblings sharing the same smile. Yet the smile on their faces both faded once he heard Phillip clear his throat from behind him.

The light in Y/Ns dark eyes faded, and his soft lips curled into a frown. The memory of why he had been out in the city with Phillip in the first place plagued his mind-and before Y/N could respond, Phillip said, "Excuse me, but can we get to the point here? I don't think I have time to sit through this, Burr."

Y/N found a bead of sweat trickling down his face, for in the corner of his eye, he saw a hint of aggression crossing Theodosia's face. He turned to face Phillip, and his feet led him toward the front of his sister-standing in between them both now.