Chapter 45: Musical Melodies.

Y/N had been dragging Phillip in the lines of people scattered around New York City, light blue glowing down upon the city, swirled around in a sunlight haze. Phillip hadn't been complaining this time, and some gazes were set upon them from the sight of bandages being wrapped around random parts of Phillips body. Phillip had smiled at some of them in a cocky fashion, to which any man would smile back and any woman would practically faint at his gaze.

Y/N rolled his eyes at the cocky aura of his enemy who had merely been in bed injured long ago. "Had you been planning on this once you had been able to leave your bed?" Y/N had asked, his tone icy and calm, though clearly annoyed. "I dunno," Phillip shrugged, "why do you always think I'm plannin' somethin?"

"I have to be cautious around you, I may never know when you are up to something." Y/N explained, "Do you insist on always asking me personal questions? What is it with you and seemingly wanting to know more about your enemy anyway?"

Phillip shrugged again, "I dunno, man. What do you think?"

"Truthfully, I myself do not know. Your hard to predict."

"Oh really~? I'm flattered—"

"Silence."

Phillip had only pouted at this odd command, and furrowed his brows as he continued to be dragged around by Y/N. Why had his father chosen for him to befriend Y/N? He had loved his father dearly, but he didn't understand why he had gotten the idea to pull something like this.

In reply to Y/Ns command, he had only clicked his tongue, and continued to allow himself to be dragged around. With a smirk, he had then said; "Why do you always want me to shut up anyway?"

"You irritate me, simply. I figured I must have made that obvious by now, but I am guessing you must have been blind this entire time. My apologies."

"What? Your insults don't ever make any sense, man."

"You don't make any sense."

"Okay—I know I was petty before, but now I think your bein' the petty one."

"Oh, please, your—"

"Phillip!"

A female voice had suddenly spoken from in front of them both, high pitched in fashion, and incredibly feminine. Y/Ns expression had dropped, immediately recognizing the woman in front of him as one of the many women Phillip had manages to put under his spell.

Perhaps he could convince her of why he wasn't the best man to want to be with—yet again, he knew it would most likely not work. Phillips light blue eyes that anyone would blush at, his pink lips, his perfect freckles. While he was the most irritating man Y/N had ever met, he would admit that he was quite attractive.

"Oh, hey, Miss!" Phillip had greeted, all pettyness and fury vanishing from his face. For a moment, he had grinned—and if Y/N hadn't met him in person, he would have guessed him to be a charismatic and joyful man. Well, he did have charisma, but he didn't use it in a way he was supposed to.

"There you are, what happened? Why do you have bandages on you?! Did someone hurt you?!" She had asked hurriedly, her tone worried, and her face visibly concerned. She took a few steps foward, though Y/N did not change his facial expression, even with her concern visible. Why had she been so worry over such a man as Phillip? Did Phillip really manage to convince these women he loved them? Honestly, Y/N had found it to be pathetic.

"I—I'm fine!" He said while putting his hand up defensively, "I was—I was attacked, but I'll be okay."

"You were attacked? Who saved you? Did you make it out of there yourself?" She had seemed rather curious rather than attracted, had Phillip been companions with this woman? In reply to her answer, Y/N could most likely answer, as he was the one who saved him. Though for a split second, he and his enemy had made eye contact—tension had been clung tightly in their gazes, and the sheer hatred in their pupils had managed to make them both look away.