Chapter 53: An Alliance Between Two Men.

There was a silence shared between the two, only the sounds of outside chattering from both Alexander and Eliza being heard. A long, empty silence that the two shared. Y/N could feel Phillips light eyes of roaring ocean-blue piercing into him. He could see the slight trembling upon Phillips pinks lips that were pressed together and formed into a concerned frown.

He.. had wanted to work with him in order to give Mary what she deserved.

Such a sentence—his own enemy had said! His own enemy—had uttered such an unexpected sentence. Had he perhaps been joking? Y/N waited to see if a smirk would form on Phillips lips, and waited to see if Phillip would say he was just kidding and would go back to senselessly mocking him like he always did. But.. he didn't.

Y/N stood there for a moment, in silence. Despite Phillip being his enemy, Phillip wanted to exact revenge on Mary for what she had done. For what she had done to John, and to him over the past few months. Phillip, The Cocky College Graduate—wanted to assist him in this mockery that the woman had been bearing upon him and so many other people for so long.

The thought of her stern glare then stabbed its way into Y/Ns mind, and he froze.

"..no."

That was the simple word that left Y/Ns mouth as he looked away from Phillips gaze, clenching his fists as his teeth uncertainly grinded against eachother. He hadn't even been looking at Phillip, yet he could almost feel Phillips eyes widening in surprise that Y/N would even refuse the offer.

"Wha—what? The hell do you mean no?! You don't want her to keep doin' this shit do you?!" Phillip replied in a raised tone, taking a step foward and gesturing wildly with his freckled hands. Y/N looked back at Phillip, and in his usual icy tone that now held a tremor of nervousness to it, he said: "Believe me, Phillip, I do not think that anyone in the city really wants her mockery to continue. But exacting revenge upon her will only make it worse."

"How the hell d'ya know that?!" Phillip inquired in reply, his tone now a bit more stern. He almost sounded angry, though Y/N wasn't sure if his anger was directed toward him or at Mary. Y/Ns arms shifted onto eachother, and crossed as he looked off onto the ground. His teeth were still slightly grinded together within his mouth, his lips clamped down tightly.

"Well, how do you not know it won't make anything worse? You've seen how she behaves—if you do anything to exact revenge upon her, she'll make your life and possibly mine into a simulation of something much worse than Hell." Y/N looked up at Phillip, his dark eyes stained with that of something he was trying to hold back. Yet still.. Phillip persisted.

He clicked his tongue, and then shouted almost out of impulse, "I don't give a damn what she'll turn my life into, man! If she keeps all this shit up, I'll take whatevers worse than Hell, and give it straight back to her!" Phillips fist shook within the air put of anger. Y/N blinked, a bit startled seemingly. Yet he quickly responded with his tone still trembling, "Please, you and I both know that isn't true. If anything, she might frame you for a serious crime and turn you into the authorities."

"Tch! I don't care if she frames me or not. That chick's gotta pay one way or another!" Phillip snarled. Y/N went silent again, and there was a silence shared between the both of them once more within the rather dusty interior of the bathroom. Y/N let out a sigh, and pressed his palm against his head. "...Phillip, I.. have not informed you of this, but.. her family is a rather well respected one, and a rather powerful one at that."

Phillip looked back at him, his eyes drawn onto Y/Ns face, showing that he was intent on listening. Yet Y/N didn't stare back, only continuing to either gaze at the floor or hide his face within the palm of his hand.

Letters - A Phillip Hamilton X Male Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें