People come and go, and come back again

Have you ever wondered how life is so transient and fickle? One minute you are the champion and then the next you worth nothing? Life is not all about successes, it is also about overcoming failures and being able to accept how life changes like the wind. 

I once had a very good classmate of mine back in middle school. She was a lovely person. We clicked really well since day 1 when we went on middle school together and we were best friends for almost the whole secondary school life. We had a couple of mutual friends back then and bonded really well. All of us even made up a group name for our group of friends. But then gradually for no reason, we drifted apart. Since going on high school, we no longer had lunch during lunch breaks together, we no longer chatted on the phone like we used to for hours together, we no longer hung out like we used to anymore. 

When this happened, I was really disheartened because I thought this would be the end of our friendship. We would not click like we used to anymore and we would never be able to go back to the closeness where we started our friendship. Gradually our group started drifting apart too, some friends went for abroad for studies and migration and almost all of us went to different universities after high school. After university, I was desperate in connecting back to these friends, hoping that perhaps someday we would reunite again like we used to. 

But sometimes, we do have to accept that things might go against our plans, no matter how unwilling we want them to be. Importantly, we do have to realise that people do come and go, it is the philosophy of life. People do not always stick around for the rest of our lives. Some people stick around longer, like our family and our friends, but some are just passers-by in our life journey and we have to accept that life still goes on. Life still goes on no matter how people come and go, but sometimes, people come and go and come back again, so good thing is that there is not an absolute dead end to any relationships. 

So after one or two years from graduating from university, our group of friends reopened a Whatsapp group to organise an upcoming reunion. And guess what? I will be attending my friend's wedding this coming year. Exciting, isn't it? 

So life lesson seven, people do come and go and we have to accept how some people will just be passers-by in our life journeys. But there is no absolute ending to any relationships. People do come and go and come back again sometimes. Just let life be it and live and let live.