Make time for people you love

Life is short, and I don't think anyone would doubt that. And all the more it is important for us to cherish people around us and most importantly, people we love and care about. Because life is too short for regrets. You may regret to buy a discounted car at this moment, but you can always buy it again. But you can never buy time again to gather with your family or your friends once they are gone for good, whether it's death or separation. 

I once had a really nice friend I met whilst I was studying my Master's degree. Let me call her Alice. Alice was a kind, loving and wonderful soul. We almost immediately clicked once we became friends. We would always teach each other homework whenever we were stuck. We would always tease each other of how weird we were because of our quirkiness and weird jokes. Alice is very smart too, and she is excellent in science and biology. I was overjoyed about this, because that meant I would not need to face all these difficult science questions alone, haha! 

There was a time when I was at her home, playing switch and whatnot. And she suddenly blurted out, "Why don't we just dance?" So, I took out the game console and installed it on her TV and started playing. She took out her phone and screamed, "I need to record this so that we could keep this as a memory!!!" 

I snatched her phone and said, "But it's embarrassing! Don't know about you, but I'm a terrible dancer." I covered my mouth and gaped. 

"You'll do just fine. We aren't dancing for a show," she snatched back her phone.

"Okiee. But don't laugh at me when I danced real ugly," I smirked.

"Hahahaha, I won't."

We really liked dancing together. It seemed to the extent that every time when we met we were dancing, either at her home or at the studio. It was really funny to look back on the videos because they were so cringy and amusing to rewatch your own dance moves. 

"I'm so tired. Let's take a break," I said as I reached for my mug. 

"Yea, let's do it. I think Bobo wants to join us too." Bobo is Alice's cat. She is an exotic shorthair cat with beautiful blackish furs. Her face is simply adorable because Bobo looks so innocent and silly. Bobo was watching us dance while she was licking her furs and judging our dancing with her judgy looks. 

I stroke Bobo's furs with gentleness and soft touches as she flinched and went back to her mat. "Bobo, be nice," Alice said to her cat with the same kind of gentleness her cat has. 

I smiled and looked at Bobo with admiration and joy. "I wished I was a cat. So carefree and worry less. If I was a cat, I would not need to go to work." Bobo was licking the opening of her water container whilst her tail was curled up to a nice half circle. 

"I wish I was Bobo too," Alice commented as she poured more water for me. 

After that, we went on to play a dating app. I was convincing Alice to play the app so that she could find her perfect boyfriend. "I think I would just post my real ugly photos so that when my date arrives, he will find me really stunning," Alice joked.

"But would he think that he was not the right fit for you? Coz well, you're too perfect?" I joked and laughed. 

Alice was looking at all the boys. She was really indecisive when it comes to things like these. She was asking me the dating options. Ugh, boys issues. She kept looking at her profile back and forth. She was really feeling insecure about making her profile public. 

"Do you think...this guy is okay?" She asked me with real concern and skepticism as she swiped his pictures back and forth.

"I mean, do you like him? Do you enjoy talking to him?"

"I mean, he is okay. Just a bit too chatty."

"He looks really chatty too. He feels like an extrovert."

"He is. He is very chatty. Ah! He told me that he is a social worker."

"I guess just go along with the flow? You never know," I said to her as I took her phone and had a close look at the guy's pictures.

"He looks like a gentle guy though."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a nice time myself just writing this and it's basically for my own reminisce and entertainment. But if you're interested to read more about my story, please hit the follow button and maybe also add my book to your reading list so that you could stay tuned! Peace! xoxo