Eat, sleep, love

You may not realise the importance of these three actions, eat, sleep, love. As simple as that. Many people make their livings out of these three actions. Some people yearn to consummate these three actions. Some people do not give a damn about these actions in their lives, because they simple do not have the time. Anyhow, eat, sleep, love is very important not to be disregarded in anyone's lives, because, they are the basis of self-care and self-love.

If you ever wonder, how does it mean that I am eating well enough, I am sleeping well enough and loving well enough? The answer is simple, as long as you feel like it. Listen to your body, and notice how it is reacting to your diets and sleeping patterns. Eating and sleeping is so important because they are the habits that keep our bodies living and functioning, and if you want to live well and live smart, this is the place where you should keep watching them. 

Eat moderate. Anything in excess is always bad for you. Eat things that are healthy and beneficial to your well-being, for example, green vegetables, beans, white meat, grain products, and drink plenty of water. As you may not aware, our bodies are water beings. Everywhere in our bodies is composed of water. Up to 60% of the human adult body is water. According to Mitchell (1945), the brain and heart are composed of 73% water, and the lungs are about 83% water. The skin contains 64% water, muscles and kidneys are 79%, and even the bones are watery, 31%. Water is our life-saving essentials, do not underestimate how good a habit is to drink enough water.

Sleep moderate. Sleeping around 7-8 hours is good for an adult. Sleeping too little or too much is bad for you. If you're 18 years old or under, then sleeping a little bit more than that is fine too. Sleeping is crucial to our well-being. During sleep, your body is working to support healthy brain function and maintain your physical health. In children and teens, sleep also helps support growth and development. Getting inadequate sleep over time can raise your risk for chronic or long-term health problems. So get enough sleep daily, no matter how busy and hectic your schedule is. 

Lastly, practise love in your life. You may wonder, how do you mean by practising love? It sounds so vague and zen. Practising love means show love to people around you. Be generous and forgiving to people around you, and have an open heart to accept new changes and new opportunities. Practise self-acceptance and self-love. In fact, loving yourself by taking care of yourself is also form of practising love. Start to accept people's flaws and mistakes. Practise love without hatred and jealousy as also a start to unconditional love. Apologies and forgiveness are unconditional love. Meditate and take deep breaths when you are anxious and worried. These are all ways to practise love. 

When you have done all these, you will realise that taking care of yourself isn't that much of hard work at all!