Copenhagen fun!

I was really impressed by Copenhagen trains' cleanliness and comfortability (at least that is what I observed when I took the train from the airport to city centre).  But this is to no surprise, as Copenhagen is regarded as the richest city in Denmark, as well as being the richest city of the world, ranking 4th by magazines as the top 50 cities of the future back in 2008. This also explains the highly priced food items in supermarkets and inflated prices in almost everything you buy in Copenhagen. Having said so, Copenhagen has a thriving economy and it explains why you need to earn at least 1.9 million kroner annually to become the top 1 percent of the rich population in Denmark. Denmark as a whole works well as a whole and has a smaller GDP than the United Kingdom but remains to be so much richer than the latter. 

Let me illustrate with an example. When you simply want to send postcards from Copenhagen to Hong Kong, let's say 5 postcards. It literally had costed me HKD$280 for the stamps and postcards altogether (I don't know about you, but this sounds insanely expensive). Even a cone of ice-cream of one scoop and a topping of marshmallow cream costs around HKD$80, even though we bought it from a tourist spot. Still, it still sounds a bit too costly, to be honest. 

When you go to Copenhagen, what you should not miss is the tourist spot of Nyhavn. Nyhavn is a place full of colourful townhouses and ships. It used to be a useful canal and commercial port where ships docked in the 17th century, but it has become an entertainment district nowadays. Interestingly, this spot full of townhouses are still resided with people so be respectful when you want to take pictures of these houses and canals! When I was in Nyhavn, people were so lovely and friendly and I felt lucky to have visited such a lovely place full of friendly and hospitable people. I was really happy to have met a handsome and charming guy by the hotel counter who greeted me and my boyfriend with such hospitality and warmness, which definitely made my day after the flight to Copenhagen on our first day arriving there.

There are plenty of museums for you to choose to go to in Copenhagen so be sure to check them out! There will always be one that suits your taste. The one I went to, apologies for not remembering the name, was really beautiful designed interiorly and explained the historical backgrounds and details of Copenhagen's Queens and Kings from scratch, which was really interesting to be looked into. 

P.S. I also had a magnum ice-cream after the museum visit, which made my day ^^

The Copenhagen zoo was also a very nice place to be visited because it has so much to offer to its visitors! There were even polar bears, otters and elephants to look at there, so if you're interested, be sure to check them out. Many of these animals have many spaces for them to bounce about in the zoo, so it is definitely a place comfortable for animals to reside in. Remember to buy a Copenhagen card if you want to save up when you visit Copenhagen, as this cards allows you to enjoy free admissions to museums and major tourist attractions, such as the zoo and Tivoli. 

Speaking of Tivoli, it is an ancient tourist spot built in 1843 that is regarded as one of the oldest theme parks in Europe. One of my memorable and fond memories of this place would be the arrowing arena and the drop tower. The arrowing arena was a really good one as it marked the first time where I tried shooting with a bow and an arrow on darts. There were even onlookers looking whilst I played with it and so it was fun and novel to me!