European Excursion (Amsterdam Edition)

Amsterdam is famous for its picturesque views of canals and pigeons, cute bridges and cobbled streets. It is also the place where the famous Romantic film Faults in Our Stars was filmed, where Augustine and Hazel went to meet their idol book writer Peter Van Houten to fulfil her last wish. It is also the place where the Anne Frank Museum is situated. Amsterdam is indeed a place full of histories and wonders. 

There are lots of things to discover in Amsterdam. Be it just hanging around or sitting idled near the canal, or just enjoying the scene of people passing through different streets hurriedly in their bikes, Amsterdam has too much to offer. If you are looking for an European city break, Amsterdam is the place for you. Just feel free to roam around the city and feel its historic and artistic aroma, be it just doing window shopping in its art stores or just visiting the bookstores in its vicinities, i.e. Walterstones, American Book Centre, there are so many to name but a few. You will know that Amsterdam is the place for you to take a breather from life. 

Especially ABC would be the place for you if you are looking for English books. You will be surprised by how many different genres and varieties of books they have, ranging from suspension to film books, romantic comedy to books about art and language. So be sure to check it out when you have time! They have very nice, chic and modern interior designs inside the bookstore and they have many storeys in the bookstore too, so that is definitely a plus for bookstore lovers who like to appreciate interior designs whilst enjoying books in the surroundings. 

Amsterdam is also a place where pubs and stripper clubs are prevalent in the area. People do sell cannabis muffins in Amsterdam as well (Disclaimer, don't eat them when you haven't reached 18!), though for myself I have not tried before. But as I heard from other people, they taste quite exotic and amazing. You will immediately feel high at that instant and go trippy, yoohoo~ 

In the area of Old Amsterdam, there is also a Museum of Prostitution, where the government intended to build this museum to commemorate the past life of Red Light district in the previous decades. There are all sorts of sex performative acts in the area, including peep shows, strip clubs and prostitution. Fortunately, the Red light district is a friendly place and is no longer as dangerous as it used to be. 

(Be sure to check out Amsterdam during dawn as the view is amazingly stunning.)

Also, I went to the Fabrique des Lumieres museum in Amsterdam as well, also known as Atlier des Lumieres in Paris. The soothing music combined with the advanced technology and moving light projections have brought the installation art to life. The show each last of about 20-25 minutes is a showcase of modern, classic and contemporary arts. Go watch it in Paris or Amsterdam if you have time!

Installation Art at Fabrique des Lumières in Amsterdam

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amsterdam is such an amazing place! Be sure to check it out when you travel to Europe, peace!