As a Kid at Granny's home

When I was little, my grandparents were really annoyed by me. They would always say how naughty and active I was, running around in circles non-stop and playing with my sister all the time. That's why they say, life is so much more different when you grow up, that explains a lot. 

There was a time when my grandparents were so annoyed by me and my sister playing in the bedroom that my grandad decided to hit us with his wooden cane. We were terrified. Because when we got hit, it could get slightly painful, though it was never a serious wound or whatnot. Though it was never really painful, my grandad made this as a threat to make us behave. 

"Don't you always annoy grandma when you sleep", my grandad blurted. It's so cute seeing my grandad being protective of my grandma. They were so sweet.

"Ahhhh! Told you to stop it! See what you've inflicted us upon!" my sister shouted. She was always the one who got hit because I was always the one hiding behind her with my legs squeezing inwards and backwards from my grandad's devilish strokes. 

"I think next time we should just sleep early", I whispered to my sister, who was still trying to find her way to escape from my grandad's beating. 

"That's okay, they did not disturb me. They were just being playful," my grandma mumbled while sleeping next to us. My grandma was usually the kind the generous one. I think I never saw her had any temper before. She was just this kind, sweet and lovely grandparent everyone wished for. 

"Stop being so playful or else, I am gonna hit hard for real!" my grandpa exclaimed with his low, patchy and horse voice. My grandad used to smoke and it explained why his voice was breaking up every time he shouted. 

"Okie, okie, I won't. Promise." I said as I made a pinky promise with my grandad. I knew my grandad. He was a nice person. Even though he was harsh on us, he was only doing good for us. He never meant to hurt us. 

Every night before bed, my grandma would put off a bucket of warm water to wash our feet. To be honest, I still reminisce this until this day. Who would not want a leg spa anyways? Whilst my grandma was putting on the warm water to the bucket, she would tell me things she learnt when she was younger.

"Sweet pie, be studious because no one could ever take knowledge away from you. What learnt is learnt and it will be yours forever." This always stuck with me because it was what was said by my grandma. She was a wise woman whom I had so much to learn from. 

Every evening, my grandma would always cook us so much good food, fried veggies with beef and curry sauce, tomatoes with fried eggs, glass noodle soup with veggies, you name it! She cooked it all. They were all such scrumptious foods that always made my mouth water. And most importantly, they tasted like home. 

Time always seemed to fly past whenever I was at my grandparents' home. They always treated me and my sister so well that we never wanted to leave. Now that they have passed away, all the more we missed them for their lovely character and lovely persons as they are. But our memories would always be tangled and their memories stay with us forever!