Don't dismiss efforts of Appreciation

One day I stumbled upon a couple arguing because of their kid, who was trying not to eat his broccolis. Then, the mum was pissed, very pissed really. She roared and complained to her husband, "See! Your son isn't eating his broccolis again! Just like you!" The dad was not backing down either, he fought back and said, "Nah, him not eating is his business. None of mine." The mum was furious, "I don't care! I think he need to eat all of these before we leave the restaurant!" After the mum shouting at the son, the people at the restaurant were all looking at the three of them, looking rather alarmed and astonished. 

The dad continued saying, "Why can't you just stop nagging for a bit? I am already knackered from working all day, and I just want a moment of silence."

The mum was not backing down, and the kid was crying so the waiter had to ask them to leave, before they continued making a scene. You are right, I was one of the customers in the restaurant and I felt like something was missing in this family. Appreciation. They were missing appreciation for each other.

When days grow longer and we are more accustomed to each other's habits and personalities, we seem to forget how lovely our family, friends or partners are, we seem to forget that actually we are human beings too. We need each other's words of affirmation from time to time. This is actually one of the love languages if you dig deeper on the internet. 

Just find time to give words of affirmation to your loved ones, so that they know that you love them, no matter if they are your friends, family or lover. They will feel happy or even energised to carry on with their day. You never know how much it might mean to them on a tiring or taxing day. 

Lesson twelve, send appreciation and words of affirmation to your loved ones from time to time. They will be happy to hear it knowing that someone loves them.