Work through every day as if it's your last

Very often times, we would always think that we have a lot of times to spare. Maybe I will get to spend more time with these friends later, don't mind that, I'll pass or maybe this isn't the safest option, whatever, I won't take it, etc. A lot of times, we often over-plan a lot of things in our minds that we no longer recognise what are important in our lives. When in fact, we are not gods so nothing ever is within our plans to begin with. So when you always think that life is just all the time you can spare, then you are wrong.

Life as we all know is not guaranteed in any way. So if things are working out for you, then go along with the flow. If you want to set your mind in doing something, be it getting a promotion or meeting up with an old friend, go for it. Life is too short for regrets. Work and go through every day as if it's your last. And you might realise that, life is actually more wonderfully made and curated in any possible way than you imagined it to be.

You might start to realise and notice that, actually things are more beautiful than you used to see them, the flowers, the scents in parks with effervescence or even the people around you i.e. your colleagues, your family, your friends.

That is why time comes as so precious to people with little time to spend by on earth. For example, cancer patients may realise that with so much yet so little time to spend, what comes as important to them is actually the support they get from their family and friends. I once heard of a story of a guy who got stage 4 cancer and who already passed away long ago. He was a guy with academia of flying colours, had a great job and a great life. However, when he found out that he had cancer and that he did not have much time to spend, surprisingly, he did not feel unhappy at all.

"At first, I was shocked, scared and worried once I knew I had cancer, but after denial and grievances then came acceptance. I learnt to accept the truth and I came to realise that what was important isn't my job, isn't my work life and anything else. But what came as important is my reliance and faith in God and that I know my time is short on earth, so I'm literally living my every day as if it's my last."

Indeed, when we realise how life is actually not as predictable as we imagined it to be, we would realise that life can actually be very fragile and futile in any way. Therefore, all the more we should know that our wellbeing and what we own is not a must and a given, rather they are a gift to us that keeps us going and make us whole. Another lesson, be grateful always. There are always things to be grateful for in our lives.