1 | Post-Breakup

Dreams and expectations
also have the very dark flipside
of disappointment, broken dreams.
- James Franco

Jungkook was slowly waking up. He was squinting his eyes as it tried to adjust to the bright light in the room.

"Taeh?" He mumbled.

"Kook! Finally you're awake."

Jungkook looked at the person beside him, and found his highschool best friend Kim Seokjin. Jin was two batches higher than him, but they got close when they were elected President and VP of the student council, respectively. They have been inseparable since then.

"Hyung, where's Taehyung?" Jungkook asked.

Jin looked down, not knowing how to tell his bestfriend the news.

"Hyung, I asked you a question."

"I'm sorry, Jungkook, but Taehyung left for Korea this morning. He was here the other day, but he said it would be best to not be here when you wake up."

"No, hyung. I have to go, I have to follow him." Jungkook said as he was about to pull the IV needle out of his hand.

"Kook, stop. You can't go anywhere. You have to get better first. The doctor said — "

"I don't care about what the doctor said I need to go after Taehyung."

"But the drugs and alcohol in your body needs to be flushed out first!"

"Drugs? What drugs? I didn't take any!"

"Well, for your information, Jungkook you have a large amount of sex drugs in your system. I guess someone has been deliberately spiking your drinks. And I bet I know who."

"What the hell?! Lisa?"

"Who else? Try to recount the moments where you felt physically attracted to her and see if you can pinpoint one incident without alcohol in the equation."

Jungkook thought about it and given that there's only three specific occassions that actually transpired, he's quite certain that there's always the presence of alcohol.

"Shit, hyung, that means I really had no control over it."

"Duh, that's just one of the reasons why he left you, Jungkook. You have a bigger problem to get over with."

"What?"

"Yourself! You're so full of it! You changed a lot, Kook."

"But cheating is a deal breaker, hyung! Even for me. I need to explain myself. I need to talk to him."

"He doesn't want to see you anymore, Kook. I'm really sorry."

"No! You're lying hyung! Taehyung won't leave me. We gave each other promise rings. He won't give up on me that easily, hyung."

"You meant this ring, right?" Jin asked as he showed
Jungkook the ring placed in a small resealable plastic case.

"You meant this ring, right?" Jin asked as he showedJungkook the ring placed in a small resealable plastic case