9 | High School

I like the dreams of the future
better than the history of the past.

- Thomas Jefferson

Jungkook's eyes opened and the first thing he saw was  Taehyung huggin him in the middle of a library.

Jungkook panicked and crawled backwards away from him.

"Ho-holy shit. Y-you're Kim Taehyung." Jungkook looked at him with shock and confusion in his eyes.

"Jungkook, yes it's me. What's wrong? Are you okay?" Taehyung worriedly asked.

"This is not happening. I'm dreaming. This a dream. One of those dreams I have of you. Oh, shit did I just say that in front of you? Shit, I'm fucked." Jungkook rambled and then noticed Yoongi.

"Yoongi!!?? What are you doing in my dream? Hold on, man, you look fucking old." Jungkook babbled again.

"Uh oh." Yoongi mumbled, but Taehyung heard him.

"Uh oh? What does that mean, Yoongi?"

"I think he has gone younger." Yoongi said to Taehyung and then turned to Jungkook.

"Jungkook, how old are you?"

"Huh? As old as you, duh."

"Just answer my question properly. How old are you now?"

"14? What kind of dream is this? How come all of you look older. I-I didn't mean anything derogatory about that statement, especially when it comes to Taehyung. God he's more ethereal now. Maybe I'm dreaming of the future. Shit, I'm psychic Yoongs!"

Yoongi facepalmed.

"Yoongi hyung, what is going on here?" Taehyung asked with his arms crossed.

Yoongi sighed and started explaining.

"He recently woke up...as a 16YO Jungkook with plans of confessing to you the next day in the library. The doctor said this could happen, but it's only temporary. We just don't know for how long. What I didn't expect is this. If my memory serves it right, at this stage, he's been crushing on you for a year now."

Jungkook wasn't paying much attention when Yoongi was explaining as he just stared at Taehyung the same way he usually does — his brain hungs everytime it happens. He did capture the "he's been crushing on you for a year now" part.

"N-no th-that's not true, Taehyung. Don't listen to him. Yoongi's just joking. Why would I crush on someone with a b-boyfriend. That's so not cool." Jungkook anxiously said.

Taehyung didn't know whether he would laugh or cry. While he can't forget all the heartaches he felt with Jungkook, the older's flustered look is looking quite adorable at the moment.

 While he can't forget all the heartaches he felt with Jungkook, the older's flustered look is looking quite adorable at the moment

(Credits to the gif owner)

Taehyung decided to play along.