5 | Goodbyes

You are and always have been
my dream.

- Nicholas Sparks

It's 2 am in the morning and Taehyung couldn't sleep. He's been tossing and turning in bed, thinking about Jungkook's surgery happening in less than 6 hours.

"Kim Taehyung if you don't stop that I am kicking you out of this bed." Jimin groggily said.

"Why don't you just shut up and go back to your room?" Taehyung retorted and Jimin sat up and glared at him.

"Bogum is sleeping there with Yoongi, remember?!? And besides, that's not my point. Even if I sleep somewhere else, I want you to get some sleep too! You have been skipping meals and not sleeping properly! You're gonna get sick at the rate you're going!"

"His surgery is at 8 am, Jimin."

"Yes, we were all informed. Now, what's the problem?!"

"What's the problem? He's having it! That's the problem."

"Taehyung, what do you want to do about it? You want to go to the hospital and try to change his mind again? What? Tell me. I'll go with you."

"You're supposed to tell me that I shouldn't care about him anymore."

"No. Why would I say that? There's nothing wrong with you caring about him. He is our friend despite the fact that you two already broke up. Besides, I know that you still love him."

"You're not helping."

"Argh! I don't know what to say anymore. You're so hard headed."

"Jimin, what if something bad happens to him?"

"Taeh, if you're that bothered, why don't you walk to the hospital and be with him. Swap with Jin hyung. At least Jin hyung sleeps like a baby. I'd be able to get some sleep too."

"I hate that I love him so much." Taehyung said before a sob escapes from his lips.

"Oh, Taeh, come here." Jimin said as he laid back down and cuddled Taehyung.

"Jungkook will be okay. He's a fighter. He will get through this and you will too."

Taehyung kept sobbing so Jimin started rubbing his back and hummed one of Jungkook's songs. In just a few minutes, the sobbing stopped and soft snores from Taehyung were all that Jimin could hear.

"Sleep tight, Taeh. I really hope that you get your Jungkookie back." Jimin softly said before kissing Taehyung's forehead and drifting off to sleep.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

Ji-Eun kept on banging at Taehyung's locked door.

"Park Jimin! Kim Taehyung! Open this door and get up! We need to go to the hospital now!!! It's already 7:10!"

Jimin woke up and groaned. He nudged Taehyung to wake him up as well.

"Taehyung, wake up. We need to go to the hospital now."

"I'm not going." Taehyung mumbled.